Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
C-dot said:
Ditto! I have tremendous trouble getting those with Victory rolls. Beautiful! :eusa_clap

I know I post too much on here, but I'm so gosh-darned excited to try all the styles in Vintage Hairstyling. Lauren Rennells, you're my hero!

This is "The Homemaker" (pay no attention to my face, I'm haggard):

TheHomemaker.jpg

TheHomemaker001.jpg

Its much shorter than the one in the book. I think it looks very 30's - I don't usually wear 30's styles, but I like this one! Plus, it fits under my fedora:

TheHomemaker2001.jpg

Wow! You're so...SASSY! Looks great!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
I did my own little experiment of this tutorial by the Vintage Starlet... I love the curl I got from using perm rods! Thanks Lolita!

4075959123_9dbeb24894.jpg

4076892302_6fff7bdd17.jpg

4076097637_119d3c9fc3.jpg

Will have to give Fluer's fake bang tutorial a try this weekend because you gals are having great success with it and it looks wonderful!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
MaryDeluxe said:
I did my own little experiment of this tutorial by the Vintage Starlet... I love the curl I got from using perm rods! Thanks Lolita!
]
4076097637_119d3c9fc3.jpg
Will have to give Fluer's fake bang tutorial a try this weekend because you gals are having great success with it and it looks wonderful!

I am glad it worked out so well! Aren't per rods the best?! They are the only thing that give my hair a strong hold curl (if I set them properly). Looks beautiful, Dear!

karlie

New in Town
Amy Jeanne said:
Thanks everyone!!! :D

Yep, I got thin hair. For YEARS my idea of a vintage hairstyle was a Louise Brooks bob with short Bettie bangs. Never did I realise that pincurls and patience are the magic ingredients to getting your hair to do what YOU want!

I've also got more hair on the left side of my head than I do on the right. Probably about 50% more and that's why my left roll looks great whereas the right one looks less full and sits a bit lower on my head. But I'm wearing these rolls today at work! The only way I'll get better is to do them every single day.

I have this problem too!
Try parting your hair on the left, and do unevel sized rolls! It works for me!

karlie

New in Town
This is officially my 1st "show us your hair do's" post.
I've taken many photos with intent to post them, and just wussed out in the end.

I was quite happy with how my hair turned out this morning. I have a dreadful problem with a few curls not being fully dry, and just looking limp until i have time to re-set it with my hot sticks. None of that today! :)

Here Goes:
*my camera is old... forgive the fuzz. and the "it's too early to look awake" face!
648+018.jpg

648+017.jpg

648+014.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
LOVE IT KARLIE! I have a weakness for the platinum :)

Everyone else rules, too. I'll be there someday.

And thanks for the comments/compliments!!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
karlie said:
I've taken many photos with intent to post them, and just wussed out in the end.

Karlie,

I see absolutely NO good reason for you to have ever wussed out. Simply sensational. I'm actually getting a little "Lana" vibe from you! Do you wash and do this all in the am before work? Or do you sleep in a set overnight and touch up with the hot sticks?

btw It came! My Vintage Hairstyles book was just delivered a little bit ago. I can't read it fast enough. Now, to figure out a hair color, a trim and the hunt for mad quantities of tools and accessories!

Lorena B

Practically Family
karlie said:

I was quite happy with how my hair turned out this morning. I have a dreadful problem with a few curls not being fully dry, and just looking limp until i have time to re-set it with my hot sticks. None of that today! :)

Here Goes:
*my camera is old... forgive the fuzz. and the "it's too early to look awake" face!
648+018.jpg

648+017.jpg

648+014.jpg
It looks great!!! you just look like out of the 30's

karlie

New in Town
Thanks gals!

23SkidooWithYou , I love lana! and that's who I'm going for. most people just assume I'm going for the marilyn look though. ;)

I set it at night at about 7pm, and wake up at about 7am... my hair is in pretty rough shape right now so it takes exceptionally long to dry even though it's pretty short. I only touch it up with hot sticks later that evening if I'm going out!

zombi

A-List Customer
c-dot: i LOVE that style. i got my book but haven't had the wherewithal or whatever to try anything out of it. that may be the first thing i try!

karlie: your hair look lovely! and such a nice white, too.

mary: that look is bangin'!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner