Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

KittyAnneMalloo

Familiar Face
My Victory Rolls from yesterday. They turned out better than expected:eusa_clap

60299_10150091201288916_680448915_7288436_5310107_n.jpg

paperlillies

New in Town

The first one I used a hair rat for my bangs and the second one I did pin curls and used a scarf to tie it up except for the front :).
I am working on more longer hair styles and experimenting with pin curl sets!
210kdqo.jpg

2qks2l3.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
paperlillies said:

The first one I used a hair rat for my bangs and the second one I did pin curls and used a scarf to tie it up except for the front :).
210kdqo.jpg

2qks2l3.jpg
Both styles are very cute. Welcome to the FL paperlillies

CocoBettie

New in Town
Hi Dolls! I'm new here. I love vintage hairstyles and I want to get better at it so I decided to join, be brave and post my pics. This was about a week ago. I slept with pin curls slightly damp (I think wetting it made my hair frizzy), then brushed out the curls the next morning. Then I attempted waves with a little gel and duck bill clips for about half an hour. This was the results:
vinhair.jpg

vinhair9.jpg

MissElainey

Familiar Face
Taking a deep breath...

OK, this is the result of the first attempt at real pin curls. I'm really going to have to learn how changing direction affects the wave, but I did actually manage to get it set all over my head! Done in a wet set, then dampened with Avlon KeraCare setting lotion from drugstore.com. It's purple, smells decent, feels soft and mixes well. I mixed it 1 bottle w 2 bottles water. I'll also have to figure out how to get them tighter in back, and I'll have to start earlier. The bottom back wasn't quite dry this morning, and I can't run a noisy dryer that early. Otherwise... Maybe not totally vintage, but a lot closer!
(lipstick is Nyx in Electra, btw, and the stain has stayed on quite well through breakfast. It's much more scarlet than that, the light is yellowish in my bathroom.)
pincurlset1.jpg

Octavia

Familiar Face
paperlillies said:

210kdqo.jpg

2qks2l3.jpg
Love the second one! I think you favor Loretta Young - maybe it's the smile.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
paperlillies - Pretty! I like both styles but I think I prefer the 2nd one. I'm a sucker for big bangs!

MissElainey - Nice!!! You look lovely, and I think you did a great job. I haven't mastered pincurls, but I know the first time I set my hair (I use sponge rollers), it was trial & error, even though it ended up coming out just fine. I know many of the ladies who pincurl say it gets easier with time and practice. I think you did great, especially for a first time setter!

Berlin

Practically Family
Unfortunatly my hair is waaay too long get me some victory rolls, so I have to do it the alternative way or somethin' that is a bit alike, until some barber will chop off my hair again!

haircut.png

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
Berlin if that's what you're using as an "substitute" to victory rolls I think you should just forget about them altogether. It looks beautiful!

baby_butterfly

One of the Regulars
Berlin said:
Unfortunatly my hair is waaay too long get me some victory rolls, so I have to do it the alternative way or somethin' that is a bit alike, until some barber will chop off my hair again!

haircut.png

oooh this is pretty can you show us the back?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran