Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Snowdrop

Familiar Face
Rue... Thank you kindly! Not my normal era, but it was fun!

Snowdrop... Hopefully the perm rods will work their magick with you too! And how did you ever guess that is who he was?! We kept calling him Chachi because he looked more like Scott Baio than Dino! :D

I'm a big Sinatra fan... And I've yet to see a movie with actors that look anything like the members of the Rat Pack, so I guess my eye is trained to look for ANY kind of resemblance I can find, lol.

I think maybe it's the hair, although I can't say why!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Have you tried finishing the dryer set with 10-15mins of cold air? If I don't finish it off on the cold air setting my curls are a lot looser and don't hold as long. Try it with a cool blast and see if that doesn't help. :)
My bonnet dryer at home doesn't have a cold setting, but I've tried it in the shop and it still didn't work. The only way the dryer work is if I sit under for about 30-45min, until it's about damp, then let it air dry for about 2-3 hours.

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Here's my day old pin curl set. I decided to focus my vintage look on the 30s and got my middie trimmed. Did I shorten it enough?
5368449849_4b642748e9_z.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Thanks BoPeep! Good suggestion :) will try that next time! Scarves seem to slip off my head far too easily! I also had a couple of pin-curl clips hidden on the top of my head! haha

Very nice everyone!

LinaSofia - Great shaped rolls! One tip I wanted to suggest when wearing scarves like that...I wrap my hair that way pretty often (usually by Day 4 when my curl has fallen out). That bobby pin behind your ear, try to tuck it into the folds of the scarf (under one layer of the scarf) so it doesn't show. Still gives good hold but a cleaner look. Just a thought! :)

BoPeep

Practically Family
Thanks BoPeep! Good suggestion :) will try that next time! Scarves seem to slip off my head far too easily! I also had a couple of pin-curl clips hidden on the top of my head! haha

Hey, whatever works! Most folks don't even notice the clips and pins if they do show, but I'm sort of a stickler about it. I probably spend waaay too much time re-pinning! lol

zombi

A-List Customer
You ladies are all so inspirational. I haven't made time to set my hair in ages, and the last time I did I forgot to take a photo! But you all look lovely & thanks for sharing with us!

Lenore

Practically Family
I <3 the color, Rocky!

This makes me wish to color my hair again. It's been almost 4 years. I don't think that I'd go back blonde as much as it was fun. I'm wondering if I could pull off a soft black or if I should just go with a dark brown.

I'm afraid if I go black I'll start getting even more Dita comments... then again, I don't really mind that. LOL

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
Mahagonny Bill and I have been hosting the man's Travelling Hat. I've posted all the pics on my Flickr site. I had to share this one, a pin curl set hidden under my vintage Adams Executive...also sporting a vintage tweed coat, with the 3/4 cuffs rolled down since it was a cold rainy day. MB says crazy is my best side ;-D\\
5374967478_bd5377d508.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I'm quite happy with my hair today, so I thought I'd share! My usual two victory rolls and a roll at the back as well (with the help of a hair rat).

hair.jpg

ps. this is off topic, but what do you think of my earrings?? Not sure I dare leave the house in them haha. p.p.s how do you do that emoticon type thing that holds an 'off topic' sign? :)

BoPeep

Practically Family
LinaSofia - Hair looks nice! So tidy. :eek:fftopic: (click "Go Advanced" and then "More" under the emoticons) And why not leave the house in those earrings? Looks like they'd match quite a lot being white and black.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I was thinking that I adore those earrings! I just bought similar ones from Sainsbury with a floral pattern.

LinaSofia - Hair looks nice! So tidy. (click "Go Advanced" and then "More" under the emoticons) And why not leave the house in those earrings? Looks like they'd match quite a lot being white and black.

Thank you BoPeep and Drappa! :)

:eek:fftopic: (there we go!) My fiance calls them my Pat Butcher earrings! (a character in UK soap Eastenders who wears big 80s earrings). They're brown and white mother of pearl actually. I really like them, they're just rather bigger than the earrings I normally wear!

SheBear74

Practically Family
LinaSofia, love the hair and earrings!!!

Lenore, I have black hair and love it, it's the grays that come through that I could do with out. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24