Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
How long does it take for your set to dry with the bonnet dryer?
Do you do it from totally wet?
I'm asking because mine usually tales about 15 minutes with my
dryer, but that's a "Deva" set, just scrunching in gel on naturally curly
hair, no rollers.

The set takes about 20 minutes to put in I have lots of hair and so I don't like to put too much in or I may be waiting for ever for it to dry. I have an old dryer from the 50s it doesn't get as hot as modern ones so I sit under it for about 45 minutes but I don't take the rollers out right away I leave them in for another hour or two otherwise I found the sets don't last as long. I usually only do this on either Friday nights or Saturday mornings since it can be a process. The night pin curls though only take about 10 minutes to put in and wrap with scarf.

Berlin

Practically Family
Inspired by Virginia Grey;

Grey,%20Virginia.jpg

2-b.jpg

23.jpg

Last edited:

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
ok my first try at pincurls was last night needless to say i did not heed the brush brush brush and keep brushing advice and began to re work one side of my hair(with a straightener and curling iron:eusa_doh:). I put some hair syrum in to tame the bushyness and it began to look beautiful on one side (the side i did not tamper with) so i was left with it looking very uneven. Also it is only 10:30am and I seem to be losing curl already. I will try again tonight but any other clues on what else i may have done wrong?[huh]

beth

Familiar Face
ok my first try at pincurls was last night needless to say i did not heed the brush brush brush and keep brushing advice and began to re work one side of my hair(with a straightener and curling iron:eusa_doh:). I put some hair syrum in to tame the bushyness and it began to look beautiful on one side (the side i did not tamper with) so i was left with it looking very uneven. Also it is only 10:30am and I seem to be losing curl already. I will try again tonight but any other clues on what else i may have done wrong?[huh]

About the brushing: to me, at least, the key seems to be not just how long/much you brush, but also /how/ you brush. After brushing out everywhere, I find brushing pieces against my hand and reforming the culrs help. Also, I think certain brushes might make a difference.

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer

jessesgirl08

One of the Regulars
wow ok so again with the picurls last night and this time i ended up looking like little orphan annie. no amount of brushing worked this time not sure what i am doing wrong but maybe pincurls are not for me. I have naturally wavy to curly hair and it is to my shoulder blades in lenght. Is there another method that may work better for me?

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Hm, maybe your hair is a bit dry? Did you try a bit of pomade or a drop of oil for the lenghts after you started brushing? Works wonders for me and my hair sounds similar to yours.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Not showing my own hair but, while I was watching 'Allo 'Allo the other night (yes, I know!), it suddenly struck me how wonderful Edith and Helga's hairstyles were. Can't believe I've never realised before. For those in the US who may not have heard of 'Allo, 'Allo, you'll find all you need to know here!:http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/alloallo/index.shtml

Edith.jpg

Helga.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24