Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
dzynow.jpg

33w8ndc.jpg

My hair today, exuse for the dark pictures, it was really dark in the room unfortionatly
and here's the link to my new tutorial, hope you all like it

http://youtu.be/ZGOR9vpfFWI

SheBear74

Practically Family
I make my own by pulling the flower apart and putting a post through it then I hot glue a clip on the back. Usually I use felt like on the rose but with the hibiscus I used some of the leaves off of the stem. :)
IMG_20110714_115549.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
Hehe, SheBear, that's exactly what I do! Hot glue guns are a lifesaver :)

Clabbergirl, there are tons of tutorials online that explain different ways to do it. Much cheaper than buying flower clips, I might add!

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Thanks, ladies. I've just moved and recently found my hot glue gun (and then promptly packed it away somewhere, sigh). I've assumed they are always on clips, but I've seen a few YouTube videos lately where folks have just tucked their flowers in. I can't imagine them staying in that well.

Tatum

Practically Family
Not sure what you mean by a "post"?

SheBear might have a different method, but I use anything small and strong enough to still hold the petals together. You can also just glue them to each other, but that can get messy. Sometimes I can just clip down the existing post with wire cutters, it saves a few steps but depends on how the flower is structured. Some, you can just clip the stem tight to the base and glue it straight to the clip, but most of the time you have to deconstruct a bit.

SheBear74

Practically Family
The "post" in my hand I got from an office supply store. The others I got at Joann's from the scrapbook section. I pull the flowers apart then slide the post through the middle of them and push the prongs down on the back of the flower to keep everything in place. Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy, hopefully you can see what I am talking about. lol
IMG_20110715_075327.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
The "post" in my hand I got from an office supply store. The others I got at Joann's from the scrapbook section. I pull the flowers apart then slide the post through the middle of them and push the prongs down on the back of the flower to keep everything in place. Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy, hopefully you can see what I am talking about. lol
IMG_20110715_075327.jpg

Its a paper fastener! Also used to fasten paper hands to a paper clock in nursery school.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Lol well what ever ya call it, it works great on flowers too! :D What's nice is you can hot glue a little gem to the top if you want.

SheBear74

Practically Family
This is today's do which has become my summer standard. lol I only posted so many pics because my cat, Elvis, was crack'in me up.
DSCN3983.jpg

DSCN3985.jpg

DSCN3981.jpg

Last edited:

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
P1010587.JPG

From a couple of weeks ago- at the time I thought I was having a bad hair day… but looking back it wasn’t so awful (apart from looking so dry)! Anyway it’s since been cut, and I haven’t changed my set so hopefully it will be the same- but more of a halo of curls instead- fingers crossed!

HepKitty

One Too Many
Shebear and Miss Tuppence you both look smashing :)

ok posting this again in the right thread... my version of the bang wave on two different days, from the Vintage Hairstyling book

imag02987144923.jpg

imag03027357291.jpg

yeah I messed up the part but by the time I noticed there was no way to break through the hairspray

and here is something of the pinup girl from the same book, before the rain partially straightened the back as show in my avatar pic

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy