Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Thank you ladies. The permrods were introduced to me by Lolita Haze. They are hard to sleep on, but they make great curls.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Thank you ladies. The permrods were introduced to me by Lolita Haze. They are hard to sleep on, but they make great curls.

How badly do they dent your hairline? I've never used them, but I have used foam bendy rollers and they dent horribly. I'd like to try perm rods in my bangs to eliminate this problem, where its the worst.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
C-dot - The perm rods dent pretty bad. The plastic band always leaves a very noticeable dent. Since I don't roll to the scalp; the rods hang and the weight pulling tight on the band leaves a dent. These are the types of foam bendy rollers I use. I rolle the hair in a wide section, which I keep wide on the roller. Then I bend the ends, a 90 degrees to prevent them from unrolling. This can only be accomplished then they are tight against the scalp. I need to post some pics actually. They are wonderful for fingerwaves because wide sections of hair can be rolled uniformly. Rather than several small curlers all in a row. Make sense?

Wahine - They do take some getting used to.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Just a quick pic. If you do this, make sure you put cotton pads (like for removing nail polish) between your skin and the roller otherwise your skin will break out bad!

IMG_00122.jpg

wahine

Practically Family
Just a quick pic. If you do this, make sure you put cotton pads (like for removing nail polish) between your skin and the roller otherwise your skin will break out bad!

IMG_00122.jpg

Okay, I might just give this a try. But I'm afraid I'd want to leave it in and walk the street with the roller. It just looks too nice
:D

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
How badly do they dent your hairline? I've never used them, but I have used foam bendy rollers and they dent horribly. I'd like to try perm rods in my bangs to eliminate this problem, where its the worst.

They dent mine badly. I use magnetic rollers just for the bang/fringe, then perm rods for the rest.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
They dent mine badly. I use magnetic rollers just for the bang/fringe, then perm rods for the rest.

I tried the rods, and yes, it was bad...

The only method I've found thus far that hasn't dented my bangs is pin curling (or a variation of.) If I put my top hair into one big roll at night, the next morning it comes out looking nice. It isn't always uniform, but I figure if I keep at it, it will soon work out better.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I received Vintage Hairstyling from my boyfriend and decided to give the Homemaker style a go today. I can't wait to try more styles!

August29_homemaker5.jpg

August29_homemaker2.jpg
August29_homemaker3.jpg

Didn't really get a good photo of the front, sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy