Show us your hair do's....

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by Vanessa, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Vera Godfrey

Vera Godfrey Practically Family

Looks good to me! You look fabulous!

Grant Fan likes this.
  2. Izabella

Izabella New in Town

This was what my vintage hair looked like in the very beginning when i started to pin curl. Boy, it was infuriating. My curls would always bounce out after 10minutes. Even if i wore my pin curls over night.
    Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 21.54.56.png

I think i've finally got the hang of it though…after much blood, sweat, tears and tantrums!
    Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 21.58.22.png

:)

3. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

This was my favorite thread here! I can't believe it's been nearly 3 years since the last post!! Here is my latest concoction I came up with today. Gah! That picture is bigger than expected! Yikes!
    MysteryStyle.jpg

4. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

I got a lot of compliments on my hair tonight. Which I found funny because it is the happy accident of my hair not wanting to do what I had planned. I originally was going to wear my hair down with bumper bangs. I gave up and this happened. I call it the Powder Puff. It's not quite a Poodle and not quite a Dita Bun, and reminds me of the fluffy powder puffs. 20190123_002911.jpg

5. Antje

Antje One Too Many

<3 you are such a beauty, I haven't posted here in aaaagggggeeeess, so nice seeing your post as the first new one lol

6. Vera Godfrey

In a fit of despair, I chopped my hair into a pixie. It's cute, but... slowly growing it out and I can do a sort of 50's fluff style now. Eager for it to grow out so I can do more 40's styles. It's going to take forever!

7. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

2D1F045D-4B28-430A-8AD8-32BCE247BBB4.jpeg 2D1F045D-4B28-430A-8AD8-32BCE247BBB4.jpeg 73A2F90F-B941-4967-AC03-D5D62F544B31.jpeg 87A7781D-3F40-47EA-8354-10157DCAF147.jpeg 8A9190BD-53C6-4EEB-AB64-4D23818DC20A.jpeg 73A2F90F-B941-4967-AC03-D5D62F544B31.jpeg I did a wet set for the first time in ages last weekend and while it wasn’t perfect ( I am out of practice) but it’s hot and setting my hair with heat sounds awful. It held up really well for s couple of days and then I went to the gym and it was over.

8. Vera Godfrey

It's super cute! I love your whole outfit too!

Grant Fan likes this.
  9. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

Hah! Neither have I!! I pop in every once in awhile... then disappear again for eons.

10. MissAP

MissAP New in Town

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 9.03.22 PM.png

I tried sponge rollers and teasing my bangs for the first time and this was my result!

LolitaHaze and Vera Godfrey like this.
  11. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

I was going for a forward pompadour, but instead got some off center faux baby bangs! IMG_20200416_143849_243.jpg

Amy Jeanne likes this.
  12. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Ladies, I'm not allowed in the powder room, but I think I can post here, but I won't make a habit of it. Here's one of the sort of things that we get up to before this wretched lockdown. 1940's burlesque events, where they have stylists, (my wife & her friend) to create the look. Here's the result. What do think?
    DSCF5548.jpg DSCF5547_zpsaa0gwkaj.jpg

13. kamikat

kamikat Call Me a Cab

I don't think I've posted here in years but I guess we're all looking to make connections in this time. I've been growing out my old color and letting my natural greys come out. It's finally long enough for fingerwaves and pincurls.

Attached Files:

Amy Jeanne likes this.
  14. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

Yass!! That is amazing! They must have such a blast!

15. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

Welcome back! It's so good to see you here again! ;)

Amy Jeanne likes this.
  16. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

Since this is my favorite thread on FL... I'm going to post yet again... sorry everyone. 92824670_128618488776140_3408220640360918535_n.jpg

Amy Jeanne likes this.
  17. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Don't apologise, the presence of the ladies makes the guys watch their 'P's & 'Q's. Kamikat should embrace her salt & pepper silver streaks. My wife's friend, with whom she styles the ladies hair at burlesque events, went grey quite young, about early thirties. Far from worrying about it she also embraced it, using a clever silver coloured dye she streaked it throughout, dubbing it, Granny grey. So ladies, hair colour, like age, is something that happens, if you think that age and hair colour will prevent you from enjoying life as you did in your teens and twenties, think again. My wife and her friend beg to differ, they are both seventy, this photo was taken last year at a rather good vintage Halloween come Burlesque show. What would the grandchildren think?
    The Bounemouth Bombshells.jpg

18. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

Your wife and friend look like a hoot!! They can come to my shows any time!!

19. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Oh fun! I'm a wig-wearer now. My real hair is just so thin and lifeless I can't do anything with it anymore. Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 10.55.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 10.54.41 AM.png

LolitaHaze and LizzieMaine like this.
  20. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

I want to hang out with you! I can't imagine you not being any fun! I gotta make it up to CO soon!! I can perform up there and hopefully turn it into a visit!

Amy Jeanne likes this.