Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
4secl1.jpg

259elbt.jpg

I set my hair very tight on flexible rollers and just brushed it out

Lady Pearl

New in Town
Lenore said:
Pearl, that look can be achieved with pin curls. Had I a video camera I'd show you how. Maybe that's what I should ask for come this next birthday....

:( any other suggestions?
thanks for wanting to help :)

SayCici

Practically Family
Thank you Smuterella!! By set low, do you mean not curled all the way to the top? Which way do you roll the pin curls? Sorry for my cluelessness!

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
I have and I think those things suck. For one, they make the curl go the wrong direction - curls made with tongs go away/toward your scalp. Finger waves tend to lay flatter and I find that tongs just can't give that lovely kind of S wave. Every time I tried the tongs I ended up looking like I was straight out of the 80s!

Yep, it seems to be the consensus that those tongs are a bit useless!! Im loving SwingGals tutorial though, and Im going to try and give the waves a go with some kind of comb type thing.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Kami, I like it!! Been meaning to ask you for ages, is it you modelling the Swing dress on Sense and Sensibility patterns?

K
Yes, that is me. I also modeled the Edwardian jacket. I made both items.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Scarlet Belle said:
Im going to try and give the waves a go with some kind of comb type thing.

I just bought a 3"+ comb yesterday from the VT Country Store and it seems like it would be perfect! It's long enough to cover one entire side of the head. 3 or 4 should make it all the way around.

zendy

A-List Customer
I was lazy last night so I set my 2nd day dry hair in foam rollers. I'm really liking the subtle loose curls.
DSCF0858.jpg
DSCF0856.jpg

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Thank you Scarlet Belle! Shame I forgot to button up my jumper at the back and it's visible in the pic :eek: it's the kind of stuff I do.

Kamikat, beautiful eyebrows!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
You'll have to excuse me, I'm on a totally :eek:fftopic: 'oooh don't you look like' but Crazy Daisy it's been driving me mad trying to think of who you remind me of and finally!!!! Mia Sara in Legend.

Mrs Beattie

New in Town
crazydaisy said:

This is a lovely photo, your hat and jumper are really nice too (from what I can see). Sometimes I feel 'over done' when I make a vintage effort, but you look quite natural and it looks really fresh :) :)

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
KittyT said:
I just bought a 3"+ comb yesterday from the VT Country Store and it seems like it would be perfect! It's long enough to cover one entire side of the head. 3 or 4 should make it all the way around.

Thanks Kitty! I havent seen the longer ones here in Australia, but Ill have a Google! I had a quick little play with normal sized combs and it looks like they could work as well. Ill try do it properly to set and see how it goes. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou