Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
zendy said:
I was lazy last night so I set my 2nd day dry hair in foam rollers. I'm really liking the subtle loose curls.
DSCF0858.jpg
DSCF0856.jpg

Your soft curls are lovely, Zendy! Very pretty.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
thanks Mrs Beattie!
I am in fact very incorrect vintage since I'm wearing there a 30's hat with a 70's jumper for a result that looks more like 40's. I just threw it together for an evening stroll up the hill, since the sun had decided to finally come out and I couldn't wait to try on my new hat. I assure you my outfit was a far cry from overdone, quite the opposite! lol

Legend? need to look it up.

Vaihingen

New in Town
My hair is very, very thick. I remember dyeing it as a early teen just to damage it enough to get it to behave! Anyways, I find that if I set it wet then it just won't dry (I left them in one time for 15 hours, no-go).

What I've been doing with my middy (modified, it's 14 inches) is three medium foam rollers (goody pink-colored) set at the top shortest layers, rolled away from my forehead. The rest are the smaller ones (goody green colored) rolled under allover my hair, then I brush it out against my hand and finish my bangs either over my head or style it off to the side in a kiss-curl.

This was taken Sunday afternoon (at David's Bridal, I'm getting married!):

DB4.jpg

Er, it was a strapless dress lol

aylsarose

New in Town
How to post a picture

I've tried on another thread to post a pic and it only posts the link. How do I go about it to have the actual picture show up. I had my first try at doing fingerwaves. Turned out better than I expected

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Everyone looks so purty! :) :eusa_clap

I attempted this style from 1941 I saw on the blog "Beauty is a thing of the Past"

It's a big pompadour with a bang wave. I think it works.

30496_1393189282985_1629776159_9609.jpg

30496_1393190243009_1629776159_9609.jpg

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
hailey greenhat said:
What a neat link, i've looked at the google life photos but never for hair haha
if anyone else takes a look can you please tell me what's going on with the girl's hair in #7?
The little girl with the dolls? I had to do a double take.. but then realized it's a white hair bow on top! LOL!
Great link, thanks!

Looking lovely ladies!

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
This is a pincurl set from a few days ago:
Photo_00001.jpg

Photo_00005.jpg

and i just cut a whole bunch of my hair off, excuse the unvintageness and the awful picture in general but I'm very excited!
Photo_00011.jpg

It doesn't look quite as dramatic as it is, but i cut off 7 inches.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
aylsarose-I love your hair in the 2nd set of pictures, I wish I could do finger waves.
Sue- Your hair looks amazing as always.
Zendy- those glasses are awesome.
RockyHorror- Nice hair cut. I bet it will take vintage styles well.

SayCici

Practically Family
Is 30s hair supposed to have layers or is that up to the individual? I'm in the last stage of growing my hair out (waiting for the shortest layer to reach the right length), but I've been practicing pin curls and I wonder if that's the reason they don't come out quite right? Most of them want to flip instead of curl when I take the bobby pins out and neither side of my head ever matches the other. lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
Is 30s hair supposed to have layers or is that up to the individual? I'm in the last stage of growing my hair out (waiting for the shortest layer to reach the right length), but I've been practicing pin curls and I wonder if that's the reason they don't come out quite right? Most of them want to flip instead of curl when I take the bobby pins out and neither side of my head ever matches the other. lol
Alot of your success with pin curls depends on how well your hair takes a curl. If it's super straight, you may never have much luck with them. Mine is stick straight and I can not get a nice set with pin curls to save my life. I do the fingerwaves on top, then use really small curlers at the bottom. Even with a tiny curler, I usually only get a small wave in one spot on my head. I've tried to do perms, but that same spot turns out straight every time.

SayCici

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Alot of your success with pin curls depends on how well your hair takes a curl. If it's super straight, you may never have much luck with them. Mine is stick straight and I can not get a nice set with pin curls to save my life. I do the fingerwaves on top, then use really small curlers at the bottom. Even with a tiny curler, I usually only get a small wave in one spot on my head. I've tried to do perms, but that same spot turns out straight every time.
It's weird because it's just one side of my head that reacts that way! I think I may also be brushing them out too much. I'd never know you had trouble with your hair, though! I really liked your hair in that most recent photo you posted! Fingerwaves are another thing I need to work on. :x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats