Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Here's a wet set I did...I put the bottom hair is small velcro rollers and just brushed it all out in the morning when it was dry. Please excuse the mess in the background. :eek:

h.jpg
You are adorable it looks fabulous and I love those specs!!!

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
aaww thank you girls :) I think I'm getting better at this! I actually found my glasses in a shop in Pasadena, CA that only sells vintage glasses and took them to Lenscrafters to get them filled...I was really excited they would do that. :)

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I wore this to work the day after seeing the Lisa Freemont Street tutorial. I love how her styles are SO much easier than they look!
dJftU.jpg

X7U6d.jpg

This was at the end of the day. If only the bobby pins were better hidden it would be almost perfect. And it definitely drove home the fact that I am in SERIOUS need of replenishing my pins.

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
Penny, that is super cute! Which tutorial is that? Is it in the tutorial thread? Please let me know so I can add it if it's not...

She has so many great tutorials, doesn't she! :)

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
I wore this to work the day after seeing the Lisa Freemont Street tutorial. I love how her styles are SO much easier than they look!
dJftU.jpg

X7U6d.jpg

This was at the end of the day. If only the bobby pins were better hidden it would be almost perfect. And it definitely drove home the fact that I am in SERIOUS need of replenishing my pins.

You hair is such a gorgeous color, and this company ships to Canada, look at their bobby pins :):
http://www.franceluxe.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FL&Category_Code=bobbyPins

I even like the single pearl spinner to anchor a curl.

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
yesterdays_hair_by_kirschstern-d3heowr.jpg

Yesterdays hair. My boyfriends band played a concert and a fancy hair do wouldn´t have been appropriate considering they play technical death-thrash-core (yes, that´s the genre) and most of the audience love to beat each other up (they call it dancing, though). I hate those kiddies...

susan

Familiar Face
Where´s the picture? :)
Oh yes, a cirlce pit is not the place for a fancy hair do ;-) ...I don´t get the "fun" of punching around,too.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Hm, I can see it. Strange thing...
The "best" thing about the whole evening was the face punch I got, because someone pushed the guy in front of me and his shoulder was at the same hight as my nose. It ain´t easy being small.

Btw: may I invite you to our discussion about the german get-together?

Tatum

Practically Family
^ Katinka, I tried to pull the link up in my browser and couldn't... Can you post an HTML link? Your hair, not the get- together ;)

ktrex

New in Town
Tatum (and others in the florida area), I just moved down to central florida and wanted to know how you manage vintage styles?? I'm used to michigan, and it's so much easier to do fancy sets and stuff when I'm not sweating everything off. Do you work outside at all and also do you wear makeup? I barely ever even want eyeliner/mascara. If you know of any place I could find tutorials for hair put up like yours, I'd appreciate it. I'll be working at a place where my outfit is a hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts, and I don't know how to do pretty hair that won't fall out or look silly.

Long story short, please post a tutorial for that last hairstyle! I really want to know how you pinned it in the back!

Tatum

Practically Family
yesterdays_hair_by_kirschstern-d3heowr.jpg

Aha! I figured it out. Something about DA's linking system. Right click on the download image button, copy the link location and wa-la.

Great roll! :)

Tatum

Practically Family
Tatum (and others in the florida area), I just moved down to central florida and wanted to know how you manage vintage styles?? I'm used to michigan, and it's so much easier to do fancy sets and stuff when I'm not sweating everything off. Do you work outside at all and also do you wear makeup? I barely ever even want eyeliner/mascara. If you know of any place I could find tutorials for hair put up like yours, I'd appreciate it. I'll be working at a place where my outfit is a hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts, and I don't know how to do pretty hair that won't fall out or look silly.

Long story short, please post a tutorial for that last hairstyle! I really want to know how you pinned it in the back!

I know, I always put mine up! Otherwise the curl falls right out in the back in the heat. I'm going to do a tutorial on how I cheat pin curls, then one for that style using the pin curl set. :)

SheBear74

Practically Family

I am in FL as well and don't really mind the humidity. :D I was born and raised in Michigan too, small world! The only thing I find kind of annoying is I get a bit sweaty under my bangs. In the summer my hair is pretty much up the whole time. I find my rolls stay in place pretty well and the make-up, like powder, does need to be re-applied if I am outside a lot during the summer. I have learned though that in FL during the summer you just run from one AC source to another. ;) Oh and welcome to Florida! I just love it here!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Tatum, I have to say I love how you do your hair. I have switched from trying to do the 2 victory roll look to more rolls/curls in the front like you have. It works great for when you want to just put the back into a pony tail and add a flower. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran