Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I needed to get my hair up today so that it wouldn't get pulled out by an adorable 14 month old (she is currently in dreamland so I have a moment to myself) .....quick, easy & stylish....

100_3031.jpg

100_3029.jpg

100_3038.jpg

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
And I also don't really have super results with the headband set, so I will stick to normal pincurling and rolling again

Yes, I noticed the same thing with myself. The headband set didn't turn out well for me at all. Such a bummer, 'cause it looks sooo good on so many of the gals here :(

SheBear74

Practically Family
We are in Michigan right now and I finally have some time to look at all the beautiful ladies here :) I have been using the band set as my go to style just to keep things kinda quick. I am noticing on the second day if I do a roll in the front it has a great curve to it from the set. This picture was on the way up. We where stuck in Atlanta Georgia for 3 hours then the next day another traffic jam in Ohio. lol My husband was as frustrated as he looks! I had set it in the band set at the hotel the night before then in the morning just pulled out the band and I pulled the front up, pushed it forward a bit and pinned it. I know it's silly but I still wore a flower while driving, but I figured why not? lol
IMG_20110619_122115.jpg

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
We are in Michigan right now and I finally have some time to look at all the beautiful ladies here :) I have been using the band set as my go to style just to keep things kinda quick. I am noticing on the second day if I do a roll in the front it has a great curve to it from the set. This picture was on the way up. We where stuck in Atlanta Georgia for 3 hours then the next day another traffic jam in Ohio. lol My husband was as frustrated as he looks! I had set it in the band set at the hotel the night before then in the morning just pulled out the band and I pulled the front up, pushed it forward a bit and pinned it. I know it's silly but I still wore a flower while driving, but I figured why not? lol
IMG_20110619_122115.jpg

Very cute and I'm glad to hear this set is working out so well for you. I have had a crazy schedule and only had a chance to give it a half-a** attempt. The results have been promising, and I can't wait until I have time to do a proper set. Your hair is cute and I say flowers all the way! (and your husband's expression in this photo says so much!)

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
So there is some general friziness here (my 2 year old likes to play with my hair) and I have no makeup on because it's hot as Hades and sometimes you'd rather do just about anything else than have makeup on your face when it's 100 degrees outside.

This is my second ever pin curl set

Second pin-curl set by christi.adell, on Flickr
and I think it turned out okay. Though the back is a bit of a hot mess. I much prefer this to rollers since you can sleep on them! I've not been setting my hair since I hate sleeping on rollers (not sleeping actually) so I thought it was about time to try pin-curls. I really tried to follow the rules and do them right but I kept getting confused so just kinda did the best I could. I did get a lot of dents in the back from the bobby pins I guess I'll have to find some different ones.
Of course I've been thinking of cutting my hair off again and going blonde so maybe I shouldn't try to master them. We'll see. :)

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I haven't posted in here for a while, maybe because I haven't thought my hair interesting enough to post about lately! But there's been some discussion about the hairband set, so I'll show my results... it didn't turn out as great as a pin curl set at all, but it gave me OK waves that lasted all day. I did it with dry hair.

DSC02201.JPG

my go-to hairstyle remains the scarf-roll with a few rolls at the front, I do variations at the front and dress it up or down with different scarves or use a hair rat to do the back. Sorry there's no shot of the back.
DSC02242.jpg

I also tried a more 'swept-back' kind of rolling the other week (which is also my avatar), my boyfriend said I looked like a geisha haha.
DSC01820.jpg

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
So there is some general friziness here (my 2 year old likes to play with my hair) and I have no makeup on because it's hot as Hades and sometimes you'd rather do just about anything else than have makeup on your face when it's 100 degrees outside.

This is my second ever pin curl set

Second pin-curl set by christi.adell, on Flickr
and I think it turned out okay. Though the back is a bit of a hot mess. I much prefer this to rollers since you can sleep on them! I've not been setting my hair since I hate sleeping on rollers (not sleeping actually) so I thought it was about time to try pin-curls. I really tried to follow the rules and do them right but I kept getting confused so just kinda did the best I could. I did get a lot of dents in the back from the bobby pins I guess I'll have to find some different ones.
Of course I've been thinking of cutting my hair off again and going blonde so maybe I shouldn't try to master them. We'll see. :)

Looks great! You're so naturally pretty you can get away with no make-up, really :) I actually went down to Atlanta,GA a month ago (it was my first time visiting) and I dressed up, pin curled my hair,make up, heels and was all dolled up leaving from Tennessee...Well, my husband who has been there SEVERAL times did not tell me just how HOT and Humid it would be...Well, let's just say my hair didn't stand a chance against that kind of heat! ;)

BoPeep

Practically Family
LinaSofia - I wouldn't say so much geisha as Laverne and Shirley! Love that last pic and that eyelet blouse with the little tucks at the shoulder...dreamy!

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Susan Thank you! :)

Looks great! You're so naturally pretty you can get away with no make-up, really :) I actually went down to Atlanta,GA a month ago (it was my first time visiting) and I dressed up, pin curled my hair,make up, heels and was all dolled up leaving from Tennessee...Well, my husband who has been there SEVERAL times did not tell me just how HOT and Humid it would be...Well, let's just say my hair didn't stand a chance against that kind of heat! ;)
Thank you so much! You made my day. Oh and it is awful here I hear you, some days you don't even want to move it's so hot. Though I lived for a time in Houston, TX which was much worse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran