Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
Well, I went out yesterday and decided to style my hair...I rolled the back into the scarf and did rolls on the side with a short pompador at the top. I was so tired when I got home I just fell asleep in my hair and woke up with it still intact! I didn't realize how rock hard it was! Anyway, I snapped this while I was out for a concert in Nashville. :)

IMAG0008.jpg

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
I haven't posted in here for a while, maybe because I haven't thought my hair interesting enough to post about lately! But there's been some discussion about the hairband set, so I'll show my results... it didn't turn out as great as a pin curl set at all, but it gave me OK waves that lasted all day. I did it with dry hair.

DSC02201.JPG

my go-to hairstyle remains the scarf-roll with a few rolls at the front, I do variations at the front and dress it up or down with different scarves or use a hair rat to do the back. Sorry there's no shot of the back.
DSC02242.jpg

I also tried a more 'swept-back' kind of rolling the other week (which is also my avatar), my boyfriend said I looked like a geisha haha.
DSC01820.jpg

LinaSofia I love your hair and your blog. It would be really great if you could get some shots of how you do it at the back. Maybe even a tutorial?? :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Sadly, posting what can only be referred to as a Before pic.

222193_200827279956392_100000873634869_482557_4626048_n.jpg

My hair. What a shanda. Vintage hair is admittedly not what I came to the Lounge for originally (as everyone can tell...) and generally I would just put it in a bun or a ponytail with a scarf and call it good. Or down with a hair flower. Nothing very complicated, because I am untalented with it.

Please be honest. Can I carry off Bettie bangs? I know I have a round face, but...? I also have thick, wavy, fairly dry-and-coarse hair. I was thinking cutting some bulk out might be a good idea? I just want something with a bit more "fun" to it because fingerwaves still kick my butt... after all this time!

I REALLY think about a more Louise Brooks look but I think I'm too fat.

My hair has gotten a teensy bit longer since that pic but that's basically how it is.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
LinaSofia I love your hair and your blog. It would be really great if you could get some shots of how you do it at the back. Maybe even a tutorial?? :)

:eek: thank you so much Rosie Beau! I actually did a tutorial on how I roll it at the back a few months ago ... but I hate it! It makes me cringe big time! it's on my blog somewhere (you could do a search)... but ew ew ew I don't like it. I hope I get around to doing another one soon, I've been meaning to do a tutorial for victory rolls (and rolls in general) since I've been asked a few times now.

Here's some shots (including the back!) of my hair today...
1-38.jpg

2-34.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Please be honest. Can I carry off Bettie bangs? I know I have a round face, but...? I also have thick, wavy, fairly dry-and-coarse hair. I was thinking cutting some bulk out might be a good idea? I just want something with a bit more "fun" to it because fingerwaves still kick my butt... after all this time!
I REALLY think about a more Louise Brooks look but I think I'm too fat.
My hair has gotten a teensy bit longer since that pic but that's basically how it is.

I think you'd look very cute in a bob, if you go for a Louise Brooks bob you don't have to worry about pin curling, and also finger waves will be much easier with short hair!! But your hair might also do its own thing a bit, considering it's wavy, so really think about whether you want a sleek Louise type straight bob, which might mean you need to straighten your hair to get the right effect. You could just start out with a cut to shoulder length and ease yourself into it!
Not sure about the bettie bangs... I had them myself, and it made my face look very round, but then that's not always a bad thing I don't think! One thing I'll say for having a fringe is that it makes it easier to look like you've got a 'hairstyle' with minimum effort. In any case, you are NOT too fat for a fringe or a bob! I didn't know there was such a thing anyway ;).

Why not try do a faux bang for a day and see how you like it?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
So pretty! That tutorial you did showing the back roll with the scarf is my go to style. Thanks! I must try it with the rolls too like your pic, please do a tutorial...PRETTY PLEASE!!!

As it has been very muggy here i have been wearing my hair pulled into a bun on top of my head, teased so it's really full and pouffy, with a hair flower or a scarf wrapped round it and received more compliments than usual..., two seconds it takes! I ask you! Perhaps it's because it's a vintage version of the Croydon face-lift and makes me look younger!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
So pretty! That tutorial you did showing the back roll with the scarf is my go to style. Thanks! I must try it with the rolls too like your pic, please do a tutorial...PRETTY PLEASE!!!

As it has been very muggy here i have been wearing my hair pulled into a bun on top of my head, teased so it's really full and pouffy, with a hair flower or a scarf wrapped round it and received more compliments than usual..., two seconds it takes! I ask you! Perhaps it's because it's a vintage version of the Croydon face-lift and makes me look younger!

Thank you miss sofia!! It's definitely my go-to style too.. it's almost become routine and I need to mix it up a bit! I'll see what I can do about a tutorial then! :) Your bun sounds like a good hair solution on a rainy day too! I will have to try it out. You should post us a picture!
The bit about the croydon facelift made me chuckle :D

Antje

One Too Many
:eek: thank you so much Rosie Beau! I actually did a tutorial on how I roll it at the back a few months ago ... but I hate it! It makes me cringe big time! it's on my blog somewhere (you could do a search)... but ew ew ew I don't like it. I hope I get around to doing another one soon, I've been meaning to do a tutorial for victory rolls (and rolls in general) since I've been asked a few times now.

Here's some shots (including the back!) of my hair today...
1-38.jpg

2-34.jpg

Beautyfull style!!

TheRedSquare

New in Town
I love this thread! Such great inspiration and helpful tips.

I feel like such a beginner compared to all the extremely talented ladies here... but hey, we all start somewhere right? This is my very first attempt at victory rolls. At first glance they are not awful, but they look so messy to me. My hair is very thick and frizzy, and I'm still learning what setting pattern works best for me. Hopefully I can learn how to get them smooth and well defined. I am, however, pretty proud that this hairstyle survived a morning bike ride. :)

vic2.jpg

vic3.jpg

vic1.jpg

Oh boy, I am terribly sorry for the large, sideways pictures! Not sure how to fix it...

Last edited:

crwritt

One Too Many
TheredSquare, your hair looks super. Thanks especially for the birdseye view.
The other night I was fooling around with my hair, and managed some rolls. I have thick wavy somewhat coarse hair, so getting volume is not a problem. I'd like to find a way to tone that down.Since it was bedtime, I did not wear this going out, and I wonder if I'll ever manage to get it this way again.
267592_1423613207374_1744062716_691581_6597998_n.jpg

NancyLouise

One of the Regulars
crwritt, I love how your rolls turned out - absolutely perfect! I'm (more than) a bit jealous of courser and curlier hair and its ability to hold styles better :)

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
TheredSquare, your hair looks super. Thanks especially for the birdseye view.
The other night I was fooling around with my hair, and managed some rolls. I have thick wavy somewhat coarse hair, so getting volume is not a problem. I'd like to find a way to tone that down.Since it was bedtime, I did not wear this going out, and I wonder if I'll ever manage to get it this way again.
267592_1423613207374_1744062716_691581_6597998_n.jpg
I do think you can pull that off crwritt but that being said I have similar problems with my rolls but for different reasons. I have very straight hair. It is fine but there is lots and lots of it so I also tend to get way too much volume in my rolls. One thing that has helped a lot is using a mascara wand to roll my rolls with it gives them a tighter roll so they aren't as big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran