Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

pompsnpincurls

Familiar Face
Here's my hairdo from last night:

me.jpg

copyCOPY.jpg

I went to a local Elvis loving festival, and it was a heck of a night! This hairdo lasted through all my dancing! Simple but I like it a lot :).

zombi

A-List Customer
pompsnpicurls -- very cute!

I followed the directions on the Lauren Bacall style page that C-dot posted in The Middy Thread... since I don't actually have a middy, I don't want to derail that thread so, here are my results:
DSCN3035.jpg

This is probably the nicest my hair's ever come out. I set this with sponge rollers on damp hair with a little of the Aveda phomollient brushed through. Brushed out really gently and applied pomade really sparingly until it looked okay. I'm really pleased. Here are the sides, if you want to see them too:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/katherynne/DSCN3036.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/katherynne/DSCN3038.jpg

I need to buy more of the LARGE size rollers. The small ones cause my hair to ringlet too tightly; all the hair rolled on the largest and second-largest rollers brushed out best for me. There were two spots in front I had to put on smaller rollers, and those two spots are where I had the most trouble. I feel like I am finally getting the hang of figuring out my hair, though, so big thanks to both C-dot and miss sofia for answering questions and providing advice that helped me out.

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
ZombieGirl & LandOLakesGal -- I think end papers might be the only thing I haven't tried! Perhaps I'll pop down to Sally's in search of some? Do they sell those there?

Definitely use end papers! I can't/won't set my hair without them. It makes it easier to get the layers in, and it also seems to give my curls a more "finished" look and reduce frizz.

I bought mine at Sally Beauty. A box of 1,000 is under $2. They're like little thin rectangular sheets of onionskin typing paper.

Also, TP is *not* a good substitute for end papers. Trust me on that one. lol

zombi

A-List Customer
^ I think you should put them in the tutorials sticky so everyone can find them without having to know that's the book they're looking for!! Seriously, that helped me so much. I saved the scan to my computer.

RE: hair length, I've been growing it for two years to get it this long! Actually, maybe a bit longer... I started with a sort of angled bob situation.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Speaking of end papers, you can get them usually at any drugstore, only they're probably more expensive there. I usually use these, but I don't set my hair often. My hair is naturally curly and full of frizz...*sighs*
X
BD

milad76102.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
Sorry for the overly large pic...

I wanted to show you my version. I think I set the top hair too tight, so I'm not real thrilled with it.

wpid-IMAG0195.jpg

kittyred

New in Town
hello! this is my first post! slightly scary, haha. everyone here is so pretty/beautiful!
here is my second attempt at victory rolls, which i find impossibly hard because my hair is very thin and quite long (almost elbow length) ..the only way i can even attempt to do them is backcomb like CRAZY! they look very messy and a bit lopsided, but what do you think? any tips?
2ivk9ea.jpg
excuse the pose/super messiness of my hair.
also, i tried the headband curl thing yesterday, didn't turn out quite as good as many of you, but i still liked it:
15q95pl.jpg

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
..the only way i can even attempt to do them is backcomb like CRAZY! they look very messy and a bit lopsided, but what do you think? any tips?

Welcome to the Lounge! :) I think you look cute, and I like your nails.

I can't quite see from the first picture, but did you take *all* of your side hair into the roll? With that amount of hair, no matter how thin it is, you shouldn't need to backcomb - Just take more hair. If you still need some backcombing, use a fine tooth comb to lightly comb the outside of the roll once its done to take any knots out, and you'll have a smoother look :) Overall, you've got the shape looking great, so practice some more and you'll have it down pat.

kittyred

New in Town
Welcome to the Lounge! :) I think you look cute, and I like your nails.

I can't quite see from the first picture, but did you take *all* of your side hair into the roll? With that amount of hair, no matter how thin it is, you shouldn't need to backcomb - Just take more hair. If you still need some backcombing, use a fine tooth comb to lightly comb the outside of the roll once its done to take any knots out, and you'll have a smoother look :) Overall, you've got the shape looking great, so practice some more and you'll have it down pat.

thank you! recently discovered pastel nails look really nice on me despite pastel clothes washing me out totally. they're mauve with blue tips :)

yep, i took all my hair from the side. it is ridiculously thin, i think if i literally took ALL of my hair it would just about make a passable one without backcombing! not really an option. yep, definitely need to practice with neatness, and the positioning i think, as i find that quite hard too. thanks for the tip.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran