Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Flicka

One Too Many
Tried a little different look (I know I look completely evil so please disregard my facial expression. I suppose I was chanelling my inner Cruella DeVille :) )

1024f85e.jpg

countrybumpkin

New in Town
You look fabulous here soooo glamourous! Tee hee yeah we all know how tricky it is to take photos of yourself though loving the mischievous look I can't deny! :) How did you set your hair with such cropped hair the curls are really darling!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Kami - I love your rolls & the flower, looks great!

Retro GI Jane - Your hair always looks fantastic! I am typically not a fan of the center-part, but I really love that hairstyle on you.

Flicka - Very chic! You look straight out of the 1950s. I too would be interested in seeing your set.

Flicka

One Too Many
Thank you!

It's not a very exciting set - I just used slightly larger rollers than I normally do. 4 rows of rollers on one side and 3 on the other (with the short side towards the forehead if you get what I mean). After that it's just brushing and shaping with a round brush and pushing it all into place. No hairspray, just Lottabody.

I love the 30s, but I think 50s may be a better look for me. Especially since I'm naturally hourglass-shaped - I have super wide hips and a great big ribcage (when I lose weight I actually gain curves).

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
the 50s set looks fabulous on you Flicka! I also thought 30s looked gorgeous on you, but you carry off both really well. I love your short hair, it looks like a perfect length now.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the compliments again, ladies! Couldn't do it without you though, I've learned so much from this forum alone!

Wow you look gorgeous GI jane I've never had such luck with foam's did you wet set it and use setting lotion?

Thanks! I always do a wet set, on clean hair I use a Paul Mitchell knock-off lotion, lightly diluted. When I take out my rollers in the morning, my curls are slightly crunchy but that goes away as I brush it out. When I'm on second and third day hair, I just spritz my palm with a little water and run it back through each section before putting it back up again.

Flicka, I love your curls! I'm curious on your bangs, do you roll under towards your forehead or do you roll up and back to your crown? The lift at your roots is amazing and a vision of perfection!

Flicka

One Too Many
Thank you again! I've always been useless with my hair so I'm so pleased this actually works for me.

It's not a very exciting set - I just used slightly larger rollers than I normally do. 4 rows of rollers on one side and 3 on the other (

Ooops. That should be 3 on one side and 5 on the other, and always wet.

Flicka, I love your curls! I'm curious on your bangs, do you roll under towards your forehead or do you roll up and back to your crown? The lift at your roots is amazing and a vision of perfection!

I roll it sideways, away from the part, with the ends rolled underneath. Does that make sense? I just find that gives the best shape. With small rollers and a lot of combing sideways I get the waves I have in my avatar, and with larger rollers and less combing I get the style I have above.

And I set it every night. Otherwise I look crazy; it sticks out in all directions. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails