Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

lyburnum said:
Last night, large front rolls with bandana.

IMG_1114.jpg

How do you get the bandana to stay? Just with more kirbys? Geez, how thick do I sound?! I use kirbys on mine, but I don't do rolls with it too. What is the back like? I'm loving this look :)

lyburnum

Practically Family
dollydaydream said:
How do you get the bandana to stay? Just with more kirbys? Geez, how thick do I sound?! I use kirbys on mine, but I don't do rolls with it too. What is the back like? I'm loving this look :)

I make the section of hair I use to make the rolls thinner (so you have to do a lot of backcombing to get the volume and be quite skillful at hiding it), pin the hair in front of my face and put the bandana on before I do the rolls. When I've pinned the bandana in place, I do the rolls then pin them to the top of the bandana.

The bandana is secured in several places: at the top of the head (hidden by the rolls, so done before the rolls are put in place), behind the ears, and at the nape of the neck. What I'll generally do is put pins in place, then resecure them later on to make sure they're tight and the bandana will stay in place. The back of the hair isn't really anything special, underneath it all is just a french twist.

I have a front photo and a side photo where you can see the grips, so I don't know if that's of any help, but I really should have taken better images. I didn't really think people would care [huh]

IMG_1120.jpg
IMG_1115.jpg

BombshellMomma

New in Town
i love those bangs!!

lyburnum your hair looks darling!! i have been toying with the idea of bangs but i haven't worked up the nerve. It took me so long to grow them out. Your hair really looks beautiful!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Last night I did loose pin curls to hold my set while I slept, and this morning it still had loads of body. However having my hair down didn't look right with my outfit so I *kinda* stole the idea from my avatar.

IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1207.jpg

However when I got home and took the ribbon out the back, I actually really loved the way the set looked.

IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1248.jpg

Sorry, please excuse the top, as soon as I get home I always change into my pyjamas :rolleyes:

Aurora

One of the Regulars
lyburnum said:
Sorry, please excuse the top, as soon as I get home I always change into my pyjamas :rolleyes:

lol I was just think how nice that top was! Mind, I have been known to tie up a cow-print jim-jam top and go shopping... Nuff said! :eek:

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
Last night I did loose pin curls to hold my set while I slept, and this morning it still had loads of body. However having my hair down didn't look right with my outfit so I *kinda* stole the idea from my avatar.

IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1207.jpg

However when I got home and took the ribbon out the back, I actually really loved the way the set looked.

IMG_1252.jpg
IMG_1248.jpg

Gorgeous! Stunning! Wonderful hair. I only wish mine was as shiny and well behaved!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Neecerie, thanks for posting that chart. It's realy helpful.

Lyburnum, you look beautiful as always. I'd love to see how you swept up your hair underneath that bandana.

Miss Hannah, I adore you new avatar and this picture made me go WOW out loud!

Hairjune08B.jpg

And Pink Dahlia, Dollydaydream is right - you look adorable in this photo!

l_2c78076452b9ba734a3ce26bcc6cf6cd.jpg

Miss Elise you look like the best dressed people at the races! Did your horse win??

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
BonnieJean said:
VO-5 Hair dressing!

I'd forgotten I had this stuff. A little dab will do ya. It really smooths your hair and makes it very shiny. I used some today because I thought my hair was a little too curly. I remember my grandmother having this on her dresser.
Here's my hair today in a more 30-ish/40-ish style.
(I promise, I won't post any more pictures of myself. I think there's enough of me on here. :p )
Oh, I can still see a few flyaways in the photo--that's what I get for having very poor eyes!

sue_do_2.JPG
you are so darn adorable!! I love your hair..I wish my hair looked exactly like yours..flyaways or not, your hair is wonderful!!!!

MJistheBOMB

New in Town
:)

So many gorgeous hair styles!

Here's a lil' somethin' I put together today....

Nerd.jpg

Yeah, I was bored....lol Sorry the pic is so big.

Monique

ShortClara

One Too Many
MJistheBOMB said:
So many gorgeous hair styles!

Here's a lil' somethin' I put together today....

Nerd.jpg

Yeah, I was bored....lol Sorry the pic is so big.

Monique

Gawgeous! Love the rolls in front!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran