Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
This was my hair today... Unfortunately I stayed in all day today so my hair didn't get to see the outside world! :( lol

Dirty mirror and I look like poop... Stress will do that to you. LOL
P1160972b.jpg

Lolita, this is a great do, Did you had an other haircut again?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Smuts... Thanks so much. The circles under my eyes just make me look like I have a black eye! LOL

Lillemor... thank you. :) How long is your hair? My hair is all one length and just past my shoulders when un curled.

Antje... Thank you. No I haven't gotten a haircut... in fact, I was thinking about how I need another one!

CherryLips... Thank you! Rawr! ;)

Lillemor

One Too Many
My hair is down to the middle of my shoulder blades/18,5" or so with 3 layers at the bottom, slight graduation on the sides, long "bangs". My super round face and flat features don't suit width at the sides. I always tuck my hair behind my ears when I set it. I don't move my parting all the way over to the temple either because it just shortens the appearance of my face. Center parts are out of question too. "Natural" side part is most flattering on me. I learn through experiments.:)

balgal

New in Town
Hello Ladies,

These are a few picks of me last week. I was going for a 40's look, but I think my half pomp was to high and to off to the side!

My complexion may not be the best in the world. But when I wear makeup I look some what better. I have very oily skin and I need to get a good facial cleanser.

index.cfm
index.cfm
index.cfm

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'm not an expert but when I still had the hair, time, and skills I used to intentionally make the front faux pomp style high and often a bit swirvy off-side.

Hela

New in Town
LolitaHaze said:
This was my hair today... Unfortunately I stayed in all day today so my hair didn't get to see the outside world! :( lol

Dirty mirror and I look like poop... Stress will do that to you. LOL
P1160972b.jpg

Oh if we all could look like poop! Lolita your hair is perfection! :eusa_clap Pincurls?

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Today

This is the result of a set I did using many different sizes of foam rollers. Yesterday's set using pin curls was an utter disaster so this was a welcomed result. After setting my hair for all this time I still have those days where it does not come out quite right. Every set is an adventure, today's was a good one.
Forgive the "wobbliness" of the picture and the few escaped curls along the bottom of my hair.
IMG_3304.JPG

Antje

One Too Many
ClaraB said:
This is the result of a set I did using many different sizes of foam rollers. Yesterday's set using pin curls was an utter disaster so this was a welcomed result. After setting my hair for all this time I still have those days where it does not come out quite right. Every set is an adventure, today's was a good one.
Forgive the "wobbliness" of the picture and the few escaped curls along the bottom of my hair.
IMG_3304.JPG

Great result :eusa_clap I do love your hair collor
indeed every set for me is a chalenge too, but after a while you don't want to go without setting your hair

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Another WOW Clara B! I'll tell you what, if that's what foam rolers do, I'll be sure to give them a try!:)

Smuterella

One Too Many
thats gorgeous!

my current project is to perfect my sets but setting them and combing out the same way each time, I need to start knowing how my hair will turn out instead of just hoping for the best each time!

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Thank you ladies!

Antje- Thanks! I just started setting my hair again after a couple month break, now I can't imagine why I stopped to begin with. The results are so worth it and look so much better than my hair does naturally.

crazydaisy- Thank you! Watch those foam rollers. My hair has to be nearly dry when I use them, otherwise my hair is still wet when I take them out the next day, even after sitting under the dryer!

Smuterella- Thanks! I think I may adopt your current project as my own, the more attention I pay to sets that fail and why, the more I will be able to prevent bad sets from happening in the first place.

Inky- Thank you! I love that wave too. I find that if I push it into my hair while it is very wet, let it dry, and then set over it with pin curls or rollers, the wave still exists after I take them out. My grandmother still wears a wave on her forehead like that, it looks fantastic in her white hair.

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
You ladies are all lovely:) Are we guys allowed in here? If not, feel free to delete my post..
This is how my hair looks today. Murray's Superior, Brylcreem and left parted. I'm currently growing my hair a bit, I had I buzzed quite a bit on the sides. The front goes about to the middle of my nose when undone. I'd like it a bit longer to get more up-sweep, if you know what I mean..don't know a proper english term for that. I just wish my hairline was a little less receding..I'm not losing loosing hair, it's always been like that[huh]
CIMG5354.jpg

CIMG5373.jpg

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Give that other Red Head a run for her money.

ClaraB said:
IMG_3304.JPG

Okay your hair is one of the most stunning colours I have EVER seen! And that set is perfect! You absolutely must enter the MAD MEN STYLE competition I am holding.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
looks great Luke 42...

Is it a little high-up (sorry, can't think of the right phrase here) in the middle on the top of your head? Or is it the picture angle, it doesn't look that way from the side shot with the part. You ARE going for a 30s or 40s WWII look, not a 50s pompadour-ish thing, RIGHT?? It really looks very good on you with the sides shorter and close around the ear -you could even go a bit shorter on the sideburns.

You are quite the handsome gent. The side shot pose is a GREAT one for you, all you need is a fedora! Thanks for sharing these pics, us gals enjoy seeing the guys' looks too.:) A well groomed, well dressed man is a joy to behold...

Luke 42 said:
You ladies are all lovely:) Are we guys allowed in here? If not, feel free to delete my post..
This is how my hair looks today. Murray's Superior, Brylcreem and left parted. I'm currently growing my hair a bit, I had I buzzed quite a bit on the sides. The front goes about to the middle of my nose when undone. I'd like it a bit longer to get more up-sweep, if you know what I mean..don't know a proper english term for that. I just wish my hairline was a little less receding..I'm not losing loosing hair, it's always been like that[huh]
CIMG5354.jpg

CIMG5373.jpg

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Okay your hair is one of the most stunning colours I have EVER seen! And that set is perfect! You absolutely must enter the MAD MEN STYLE competition I am holding.

Your contest is brilliant! I've been paying attention to it in the Observation Bar, some brilliant entries so far. I've got something planned for it, just waiting for that something to come back from the cleaners. So much fun! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80