Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Thanks!

chanteuseCarey said:
Been scrolling through this post (so many pages...) this look is terrific on you!! :eusa_clap

The smallest hot rollers and a blond hair net to keep the back curls tight. I found this spray on hairspray gel what is the greatest product ever: Aerogel from trihaircare.com

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey said:
Is it a little high-up (sorry, can't think of the right phrase here) in the middle on the top of your head? Or is it the picture angle, it doesn't look that way from the side shot with the part. You ARE going for a 30s or 40s WWII look, not a 50s pompadour-ish thing, RIGHT?? It really looks very good on you with the sides shorter and close around the ear -you could even go a bit shorter on the sideburns.

You are quite the handsome gent. The side shot pose is a GREAT one for you, all you need is a fedora! Thanks for sharing these pics, us gals enjoy seeing the guys' looks too.:) A well groomed, well dressed man is a joy to behold...

Thanks for the compliment:) Well to be honest, although I like the 40s style, I'm more of a rock'n'roller and so I'm going for the 50s pomp, that's why I'm growing it out a bit again. I don't like my hairline too much, because there's not a lot of front to style that certain wave. I had it a bit shorter in the winter in order to get a cleaner 40s look with my fedora;) So I'm a bit in the middle of the periods. I'd like to grow sideburns, but my facial hair only grows well on my jawline and neck:eusa_doh:

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor... Your hair is a lot longer than I expected!

Hela... You are too kind, thank you! I actually use plastic perming rods. They are easier for me and produce better results with my hair. I have yet to master the pincurl, so I just stick to the perm rods. Believe me, if I could do pincurls and wrap a scarf around my head and set it for the day I wuold do just that instead of walking around with a mass of plastic on my head! lol

I thought I would share with everyone my hair for today. I was insprired by Ginger Rogers's hair in the movie In Person! It is quite simple and a casual fun flirty style!
gr003.jpg

gr002.jpg

P1170016b.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Perfect, I stalk your blog, so i'll go over there right now and have a look-see.......

I really like how it turned out and wouldn't you know it - I have to set my hair today :) I may just try your trick!! Thanks!!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Inky... How did it turn out? Were you able to get the wave?

Cherry Lips... Thank you. I was quite pleased with it.

Antje... Hehehe I would love to be the resident Ginger! :-D All I need it blue contacts and dancing shoes! :p

Goldwyn Girl... Thank you! I bet you can get your hair to do something similar quite easily too!

Lau Mo... Thank you! I was very happy with it and estatic that it is really simple to do!

Inky

One Too Many
Lolita - it didn't turn out quite like I expected. I don't think I had enough hair in the wave, if that makes sense, so it was a wave, but a weak one. Not even photo worthy :)

I will try again this next Friday when I usually do my sets.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
Lolita - it didn't turn out quite like I expected. I don't think I had enough hair in the wave, if that makes sense, so it was a wave, but a weak one. Not even photo worthy :)

I will try again this next Friday when I usually do my sets.

Well that is too bad, but at least you know the technique works... you just have to experiment with the amount. Add setting lotion or mousse to help with the lift and body stregnth of the wave if you need to. Being that my hair is made from pipecleaners, I rarely need a setting product.

balgal

New in Town
Originally posted by esme:

hahaha, making a cute face!!!
Like that do alot. I used to wear mine similar. You are very pretty.

Thanks! I love doing pomps. I am doing my own rendition of vintage dos with a modern twist to them. But I prefer doing actual vintage dos whenever I go out.

I know this is off topic but I am graduating from cosmetology school this wednesday!!! I will be all dolled up and going out dancing that night.

Inky

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Well that is too bad, but at least you know the technique works... you just have to experiment with the amount. Add setting lotion or mousse to help with the lift and body stregnth of the wave if you need to. Being that my hair is made from pipecleaners, I rarely need a setting product.

I did use Lottabody, but a volumizing mousse might be the way to go. I think I'll try that! Thanks :)

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
This is my hair today, I decided like 2 hours before I needed to leave for work to set it in foam rollers, so it's not the best. I'm not really in love with the bottom, but the top came out beautifully. I'm including 2 pics because I was bored this morning when I got into work.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
TheSwingingBee said:
This is my hair today, I decided like 2 hours before I needed to leave for work to set it in foam rollers, so it's not the best. I'm not really in love with the bottom, but the top came out beautifully. I'm including 2 pics because I was bored this morning when I got into work.

You look beautiful! Love your hair.. and I am soooo diggin that shirt!

Mary

Practically Family
Wow!
Have you told us yet how you did this?! Please tell me more how you put the rollers and how you comb the hair. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3304.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot