Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Kaisha

New in Town
Thanks! I've always had bangs so I'm used to them, even though every time I grow them out I have to debate with myself whether or not to cut them again xD
As for the lipstick, I was so glad to get a nice, deep red, and then the flash killed it :eusa_doh: (at least it didn't turn pink this time xD!) It always washes everything out :/ I've been looking for a true, era accurate red for a while and I've got a few that I'm eyeing :3 I'm specifically looking for a more plum red.

Thank you again x3

Aorta

Familiar Face
Similar problem over here, most reds turn pink or fuchsia on me (argh!), so I always tend to use rather rusty shades of red (for a 40s look). For the 1920s, I have a blackened red (but that brand isn't available in Canada) - maybe you can try Bésame's Noir Red? Or, if you have a MAC counter near you, the shades Desire or Diva (although they might just be a tad too light)?

I'd love to have a cut with bangs, but my forehead is a greasy mess and so it wouldn't be a good idea for me. Nevertheless, I love to see the Louise Brooks bob on other women.

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Kaisha said:
This is my first time posting a picture of myself here :) I suppose I'll just do a very brief timeline.

You can probably tell which decade I'm a fan of by just the makeup and hair :'D
fny629.jpg

A few weeks ago- I'd been needing a haircut for a while.
lalala1.jpg

My new haircut before it's straightened/ no makeup and whathaveyou.
lalala3.jpg

Et Voila :'D!
lalala4.jpg

The Jacket is a Canadian Air Cadet uniform top from the 50's, I just threw it on to cover up my lazy t-shirting :eusa_doh:

Thus concludes my face.

Stunning!!!!!! I love it!!!

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
pigeon toe said:
Here's my usual do for graduation yesterday. Unfortunately I have a really terrible sinus infection so I look a little under the weather.

3626102178_1871af5696.jpg

3625284677_34de2cce60.jpg

It was the first time I wore vintage in 6 months!

I love your face. You have an old-fashioned face that suits this exceedingly well :)

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
I haven't styled my hair retro in a looooong time (hot weather makes me lazy) but you gals have me inspired. This is me today. Unfortunately, I have nowhere nice to go, only have to clean the bathrooms. I can't load the pix here so bear with me...

www.mydecadeyear.blogspot.com

Kaisha

New in Town
First of all, thank you to everyone!

Aorta: I actually buy most of my makeup from MAC, except I'm an hour away from the nearest counter, ha ha. If I can't find a cheaper plum in the meantime I usually have luck finding something there.

I have the same problem with bangs, but I love them so I compromise by washing my face several times a day/ whenever my forehead starts to feel greasy :) It's kind of forced me to take care of my skin better so I don't end up with a ton of breakouts O:

December: My hair is super curly, so I have to straighten it every day, ha ha. On days when I wash/dry it I have to straighten it twice because my bangs stick straight out!

I love your hair though! I'm way too lazy to curl my hair properly for nice 30s-40s hair, ha ha.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
SUPER:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Kaisha you hair and makeup is perfect for a 1920s DECO DOLL! What is your body type to got with that look?

Kaisha said:
This is my first time posting a picture of myself here :) I suppose I'll just do a very brief timeline. You can probably tell which decade I'm a fan of by just the makeup and hair :'D

My new haircut before it's straightened/ no makeup and whathaveyou.
lalala3.jpg

Et Voila :'D!
lalala4.jpg

The Jacket is a Canadian Air Cadet uniform top from the 50's, I just threw it on to cover up my lazy t-shirting :eusa_doh:

Thus concludes my face.

Lily Amelia

New in Town
I am so impressed with everyone's hair on here so I was inspired to give it a go myself, I must admit I've had varying results but some attempts have worked out OK so I thought I'd show them off! I know my hair colour's not particularly vintage, but I'm finding it hard to give up lol

I've made a collage so as to not take too much space up with huge pics, so hope you can see them ok :) The first pic is my 'almost' natural hair, just helped along with a bit of setting lotion and scrunching with my hands while left to dry. The second is how I looked after having small sponge curlers in all day, the next is a day or so after a set with the same curlers and also after a fair bit of brushing. On Saturday I had my first play with my new toy - an old hood dryer I picked up in a charity shop (photos in the 'show us your purchases' thread) - my hair was virtually straight so I just wet it slightly, popped in some velcro curlers and sat under the dryer for 10 minutes, not perfect, but a definite improvement on what it was!

http://www.fotki.com

I'm hoping to get better after a bit more practice (at the moment I'm never sure how it's going to turn out) and I should have more time now I've got my dryer as I don't have to wait overnight to see the results!

Inky

One Too Many
Kaisha - you are adorable and do make a lovely Deco doll! That bob completely suits you!

Lily Amelia
- what great looks! and I love your pink hair!! I am tiring of my red...perhaps something pinkish is in order next go-round at the hairdresser!

deadpandiva
- i love that shorter style on you - perfect for the hotter weather I bet!

I know I've missed some of you ladies - but you all look so pretty and you continue to inspire - as a matter of fact, I am going to try Fleur's back roll this weekend. It'll be hot at the car show and I think it will be perfect. I have a photo of my grandmother with precisely this hairstyle!

Kaisha

New in Town
Chanteuse- I'm definitely not the ideal 20's shape, since I'm a pear, but I'm pretty good at making the ol' undergarments make up for it :3

Inky- Thank you so much x3

Lily Amelia- What a fantastic shade of pink! The perfect bubblegum shade, I'm jealous!

MissHannah

One Too Many
I usually do overnight sets with velcro rollers or pincurls and had kind of given up on heated rollers, but I dug out my 2 sets of Remmingtons the other day and got a really great set of curls that held very well (despite the truly vile torrential rainstorms that hit London that evening). I used a heat setting curl spray by Schwarzkopff and then a ton of Tresemme Freeze Spray!

190709B.jpg
190709C.jpg

December

One of the Regulars
I've been experimenting with sixties flicks today.

They actually look a lot better than the photo shows, though they drop out REALLY quickly. Which is ironic as my hair is so curly naturally.

DSCF3920.jpg

Toni

New in Town
First time rolls!

Hello ladies, you've all inspired me into trying some victory rolls so after I searched YouTube and found some great tutorials and read as many tips and tricks as I could, I still had difficulty...I have a friend who uses an old fax paper tube to do hers but I still couldn't do it properly...I had an idea and went to cut up a cat food box that was ready to be recycled and made...a cone shape and hey presto, it worked! Here's the result, obviously still a bit wonky and not as smooth as they should be...practice makes perfect but I'm quite pleased I've finally found a relatively easy way of doing them! (please ignore the rest of the hair I was concentrating on the rolls!

P220709_1958-1.jpg
P220709_195801.jpg
P220709_201201.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Ack! I'm so behind on this thread :eusa_doh:
All the ladies look lovely indeed.

Especial mentions to

Miss Hannah- Gorgeous as always. such a lovely color.
Kaisha- that bob is di-voon!
Fluer- you are too fabulous.... you must start giving lessons. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran