Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

December

One of the Regulars
Another experiment which turned out well:

DSCF3932.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
cecil said:
MissHannah you've always reminded me of Dovima. Not so much because you're a dead ringer for her, it's more about the way you carry yourself. That and the eyebrows I guess!

Oh thank you! And thank you Laura as well! Funnily enough the same thing came up last week on another forum and I am floating on a cloud of chuffed-ness!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
This is my hair today. Best pic I could get of it, I need to wash my mirrors, blah. I'll get to it, just cleaned out the inside of that closet yesterday.
Put both of the longer sides of my hair in larger sections of pincurls, the back is straight, need to figure out what to do with it. Still can't figure out what to do with that other style I posted, try'd sweeping over to the side and making structured curls, ehh. Can't find my clamps for "finger waves" to try that either. Would have posted a larger picture of that style but it wouldnt let me copy the larger picture so had to copy a thumb nail of it.

flip.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
pretty faythe, also check the camera lens on the phone, if there's dust or fingerprints the photos will turn out poor, you may need to move to a better lit area too before capturing the shot. But from what I can tell, your hair is really pretty.:)

Cherry Candee

New in Town
pretty faythe you are the best! :eusa_clap We don't have any of those stores around here but at least I got a couple names that I know for sure I'll be able to find here

Thanks!! :)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Got an Edwardian era hairdo today...

Haven't posted on FL in almost two weeks-eek! Its a really long and not so wonderful story...

Today I got my hair set in SF for an Edwardian event we're all going to tomorrow (Sat 8/1). I wanted my hair like Emma Thompson's in "Howard's End". I printed out pictures of her from the film that I took with me. Its only finger fluffed out right now, so that it will still be pretty tight with big curls for tomorrow. I've got instructions of what to do Saturday morning.

May post a pic of it anyway later this evening or maybe I'll just wait until Saturday. I just received my pair of vintage tiny gold eyeglasses done with my RX that are sooo cool for this and other Edwardian era events.

OH, I had my hair colored last Friday, and I HATE the color! Its a reddish dark brown- LÓreal hair color bought at the grocery store. The blasted stuff chemically burned my hairline, and part of my forehead! It was burning my scalp when it was first put on. Never again with THAT brand...:eek:

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I never post pics here since my hair is the always the same! I did think it looked really good for tonight though and I love adding flowers.. to bad I couldn't add real orchids like I did a few nights ago.. no particular setting or anything, just a deep side part for 40s hollywood glam.

DSCN0812.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
here it is, my Edwardian 'do

Had it set yesterday. Lots of fluffing out and up of the curls with my fingers this morning, and much Aqua Net! Outfit I wore today to the PEERS River City (as in "Music Man") picnic. The Edwardian straw hat is vintage as is the cotton net overskirt with 3" bobbin lace at hem.
370944452.jpg
370944460.jpg
370944541.jpg
370944535.jpg

Toni

New in Town
Antje said:
My hair today,

it is difficult to hide my roots, but i think it is ok

next tuesday I'm gonna get bangs again after a long time

jsdixt.jpg

Wow Antje, your hair looks gorgeous, I love how you've done the front, how did you do it please?

Adele

One of the Regulars
Antje - I agree with Toni. Your hair looks beautiful!

chanteuseCarey- I just have to say, if I may, that I have admired how nicely your curls/waves come out in the back for some time (as I've seen you post photos of your hair). I hope that didn't sound creepy.

December - your hair looks so healthy, and don't you just enjoy experimenting? That's what I did too!

I decided to attempt a Norma Shearer influenced style:
AA.jpg

These came out too dark, thus I had to make the color funky so you could see the detail somewhat:

AB.jpg

AC.jpg

I think for the curls on the back, I have to make more on top, so it is more full - if that makes any sense!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Yeah, Adele. That is the cutest thing ever. How short is your haircut? Is it still a grown out bob, or more layered now?

My bob has grown out a bit....soooo........I am going in for my middy today.
Dah Dah DAHHHH.
I will post before and after pics upon my return!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy