Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

SayCici

Practically Family
Adele said:
AA.jpg
Stunning! I love Norma Shearer and this is spot on!

Antje

One Too Many
Thank you all

and Toni, I sideparted my hair, and rolled my bang section to the side,
then took the sidepart and rolled it towards the front roll, just like 2 large pincurls, on the side you don't see in the pic I also wear a small roll.

If you can pincurl a little then you can probably manage this do

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
allrighty then.......

Don't let that drawing of the straight-up middy fool you.....it's a fairly short haircut. I knew it would be when I read thru the diagram and watched Lisa's Tutorials, but it was still a bit of a surprise......not in a bad way, however. It just looks nothing like the picture....at least for now. :)
The stylist followed the diagram from Ivan's book to a "T" (at least she *said* she did) and even measured the lengths with a tape. This is before and after the haircut, and I have yet to play around with it. She tried to curl it with a flat-iron, but I have a lot of hair and it really needs to be set properly to hold.

old_hair.jpg
new_hair.jpg
back.jpg
middy.jpg

I won't have a chance to set it for a day or so, but I will post again when the time comes. I think it is going to be alot of fun and will grow out nicely too.

Toni

New in Town
Antje said:
Thank you all

and Toni, I sideparted my hair, and rolled my bang section to the side,
then took the sidepart and rolled it towards the front roll, just like 2 large pincurls, on the side you don't see in the pic I also wear a small roll.

If you can pincurl a little then you can probably manage this do

Thanks Antje, I'll give it a whirl and see what it comes out like!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Well, thank you for the compliments, but I am not sure if I am really feelin' this haircut. I am tempted to go back in and have her cut off the bottom in the back. It is really full and stacked in the back, and since my jawline isn't that strong I am wondering if the short bob would look better.

here is pics of me with the hair down, and then holding it up to simulate a bobby-bobberton. Thoughts? Should I do it, or am I just being wimpy since it is a new cut i am not used to?

mymiddy.jpg
mymiddy2.jpg

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I'd say give it at least a week of playing with it [huh] I'm usually one to freak about new hair cuts but in a week or two I'm ok with them.

msrsimpkin

New in Town
MissAmelina said:
Well, thank you for the compliments, but I am not sure if I am really feelin' this haircut. I am tempted to go back in and have her cut off the bottom in the back. It is really full and stacked in the back, and since my jawline isn't that strong I am wondering if the short bob would look better.

here is pics of me with the hair down, and then holding it up to simulate a bobby-bobberton. Thoughts? Should I do it, or am I just being wimpy since it is a new cut i am not used to?

mymiddy.jpg
mymiddy2.jpg
I actually prefer it longer, how you have it cut at the moment. I don't know if you ever, or how often you curl / set your hair, but I think the fullness of it would produce some lovely curls. Either way, I think the shorter cut really suits you :)

V

Violeta

You ladies sure know how to make a gal feel great! Thank you to all the beautiful ladies for the compliments, you are all too kind! Thanks a bunch!!

Inky: Thanks for the eye compliment! Took me quite a while to perfect that eyeliner, and I'm still learning, at times the liner is so off I have two different looking eyes!!lol As far as the color, its a Redken color, at times my stylist will put a semi and that helps it last even longer. I'll ask her the name of the color. Thanks again!

V

Violeta

DSCN0812.jpg
Very lovley Darhling! How do you achieve this look? It's usually the look that I attempt to get, I'm not quite there yet.

V

Violeta

20iazbd.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Antje, your bangs look lovely! Looking foward to seeing your results after styling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot