Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
SugarKitten: the head band is really cute, and the red with your hair is nice!

Brooke: That is the CUTEST! Sometimes I think sets are better when they are almost lost...;)

Today I am rocking the supreme tilted pompadour bang. It's not really a forward roll, it is like a flattened roll with a wave. The back I decided looked cute bunched up in a big fluff cloud. omg i loves pompadour bangs! It is achieved by a 3 row x 3 column setting of counter clockwise pincurls in the bang section. My bangs are down to my nose, for the most part. I am still growing out betty bangs. The next time I try this, I think I will throw in a row of clockwise pins and see if it puts another wave in! Also i included a pic of the sweater clip i made with my motto, "live fast, die young"
27067_1293530391575_1629776159_7353.jpg

27067_1293532551629_1629776159_7353.jpg

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
~Psycho Sue~ said:
SugarKitten: the head band is really cute, and the red with your hair is nice!

Brooke: That is the CUTEST! Sometimes I think sets are better when they are almost lost...;)

Today I am rocking the supreme tilted pompadour bang. It's not really a forward roll, it is like a flattened roll with a wave. The back I decided looked cute bunched up in a big fluff cloud. omg i loves pompadour bangs! It is achieved by a 3 row x 3 column setting of counter clockwise pincurls in the bang section. My bangs are down to my nose, for the most part. I am still growing out betty bangs. The next time I try this, I think I will throw in a row of clockwise pins and see if it puts another wave in! Also i included a pic of the sweater clip i made with my motto, "live fast, die young"
27067_1293530391575_1629776159_7353.jpg

27067_1293532551629_1629776159_7353.jpg

Cute and versatile! Love the clips.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
SugarKitten said:
I'm with Goldfish! Are they alligator clips on the back? They are super cute!

(seems like a great use for flea market earrings....)

well, since yinz are very interested i shall spill the beans. I drew the design on plastic (called shrinky dinks) and then baked it. Then glued on alligator clips and the chain. I will be making these for the on-line store I am opening soon ;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
~Psycho Sue~ said:
well, since yinz are very interested i shall spill the beans. I drew the design on plastic (called shrinky dinks) and then baked it. Then glued on alligator clips and the chain. I will be making these for the on-line store I am opening soon ;)
SWEET!

JennyLou

Practically Family
You guys are one of the cutest couples I've ever seen.
Inky said:
Last Saturday at the Air Force Base "Employee of the Year" Ceremony with the hubby

4341394686_1b97075647.jpg

Standard go-to style done with hot rollers. I'm getting much better at that side wave and a bit of lift on the top.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
~Psycho Sue~ said:

very cute! can't wait to see what other designs you come up with!

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Miffy46 said:
This is my hair from Saturday night. Ignore my boyfriends half closed eyes - haha! Two women told me i looked like a movie star :)

CIMG4136.jpg

You look so sweet Miffy46. You make a lovely couple. :)

shutterbug

New in Town
I've been trying to find that darn hot sticks thread but this will have to do!
I got my first set of hot sticks in the mail today and tried them out right away.

I am extremely happy with the results as well as how little time and effort they took! With a bit more practice I think they will look fantastic :)

hotsticks.jpg

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
shutterbug said:
I've been trying to find that darn hot sticks thread but this will have to do!
I got my first set of hot sticks in the mail today and tried them out right away.

I am extremely happy with the results as well as how little time and effort they took! With a bit more practice I think they will look fantastic :)

hotsticks.jpg
Very pretty! :eusa_clap

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
WHy is it that when you get a GREAT set, that you are totally in love with....that is was done in a super hurry with no rhyme or reason????? Or when you try and try to make a set happen, it fails like epic? This set is perfect and I wish I could get this to happen more! The half-wave bang is actually pretty easy for me to set. It's the sides that never go right!

24024_1299874190166_1629776159_7-1.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
VERY cute! How long is your hair when it's not set? That's how I want to wear my hair but I think mine is still too short.

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
~Psycho Sue~ said:
This is very :eek:fftopic: but where the heck did you get Shrinky Dink sheets? I've been looking for them for my own project for some time.

shutterbug

New in Town
Antje said:
Shutterbug ,your hair looks lovely,
very lovely bangs

Thank you!

I am actually thinking about growing my bangs out. I love bettie bangs but they sure are a lot of work! I also feel quite limited in the hair styles I can wear with them.

AND there is that "Bettie clone" factor that I feel when I go out to shows. I am very much into rockabilly but I'm tired of having the same hair cut as all the other girls..a much better version but same nonetheless ;)

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
shutterbug said:
Thank you!

I am actually thinking about growing my bangs out. I love bettie bangs but they sure are a lot of work! I also feel quite limited in the hair styles I can wear with them.

AND there is that "Bettie clone" factor that I feel when I go out to shows. I am very much into rockabilly but I'm tired of having the same hair cut as all the other girls..a much better version but same nonetheless ;)

YEA! same here. It's a good "beginner" hair style, but you grow tired of the same as all the other scene chicks. What i like about it is that it does represent those chicks who are "hard edge" vintage gals very well considering the grandmother of the design WAS BETTY PAGE. But I am liking the giant pompadour look even more on rockabilly chicks. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner