Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
The 40s called...they want their hair BACK! :p

27085_1313135201683_1629776159_7-1.jpg

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
PrettyPaula said:
can i ask how long your bangs are? also how do u get your eyebrows like that??

PrettyPaula my bangs are actually probably just a tad under my brow in length.. growin out some ol' betty bangs I wasnt too fond of.

eyebrows... eh.. i freehand them using eyeshadow & a damp angled brush

PrettyPaula

New in Town
xitsvivx said:
PrettyPaula my bangs are actually probably just a tad under my brow in length.. growin out some ol' betty bangs I wasnt too fond of.

eyebrows... eh.. i freehand them using eyeshadow & a damp angled brush

im growing out mine to.... its killing me!! do you use a roller to get them like your avatar photo?

i keep trying with a velcro roller and i dont think theyre long enough yet maybe?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! Not sure I like it, though. I'm a natural redhead (though not this red!) and I think I just want that colour back for now. lol That is, since I can't afford to be blonde. :mad:

DPD = Aline McMahon RULES!!!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
Thanks! Not sure I like it, though. I'm a natural redhead (though not this red!) and I think I just want that colour back for now. lol That is, since I can't afford to be blonde. :mad:

DPD = Aline McMahon RULES!!!
Doesn't she though. I just love her.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Didnt turn out curly, but sharing the results anyway. I was at a thrift store early and found hot water curlers. You boil them in hot water then set your hair. While it did work nicely, there was only 12 so I had to set my hair in sections, so the result was eh. lol
DSCI0273.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I adore every choice of color from the hair, to the lips, to the cardigan, the blouse, all the way to the fingertips!
Amy Jeanne said:

pretty faythe, you look adorable! Your new hair color really suits you.

Octavia

Familiar Face
Amy Jeanne – wow, what completely gorgeous fingerwaves! This thread is such an inspiration. I’m a visual learner, and although I’ve never really tried much with my hair before (I'm a bun/ponytail girl), I’m finding vintage styles so much easier the more I see the great pictures in this thread.

This was my second real try with victory rolls and my first try that I actually felt good wearing. The rolls themselves are still messy and not as smooth as I’d prefer (my hair is monstrously thick, naturally curly, and coarse, which doesn’t help) but I keep telling myself practice makes perfect. Right now I’m more concerned with how the front looks and I was pretty proud of the front this day. Excuse the rest of my hair - it was raining that day. :(

DSC02560.png

BoPeep

Practically Family
Octavia - not bad for the second go 'round, I'd say. Back on pg 366 of this thread is a discussion on hair rats. Seems a lot of girls use them to get an extra bit of lift. Maybe that would be helpful for you.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
curledfringe.jpg

It'd been up in a bandana all day, but I think it turned out pretty well - I only curled it with a flat iron, but I felt pretty cute :) x

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
miserabelle said:
curledfringe.jpg

It'd been up in a bandana all day, but I think it turned out pretty well - I only curled it with a flat iron, but I felt pretty cute :) x

:eek: How do you do your cat eyes??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Caity Lynn said:
:eek: How do you do your cat eyes??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

It's just Too Faced's Totally Toasted duo shadow which is like a pinkish flesh tone with a light-brown colour over the lid, and I use a Clinique cream eyeliner with a really fine paintbrush actually...

I didn't have a makeup brush that I liked and I had a paintbrush that I'd never used so I tried it out and it worked really nicely :) I tend to aim the 'flick' of my eyeliner towards the outer edge of my brows to get the angle right :)

I was thinking about doing a tutorial for my blog, I'll let you know if I post one xx

x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran