Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Wow swinging bee, amazing!!!!

My own little one roll is poorly in comparison!

For dancing tonight, I managed to do a little to my hair, but I usually never bother anything other than curls because my hair is so super thick, so my roll technique is as bad as it can be. Still proud of this one..

17042010003.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
xitsvivx said:
went to a car & music show this past weekend..
my hair:

img5922l.jpg

Here's another 'do I attempted since cutting the length of my hair.
Tried doing a Marilyn inspired 'do.. but Im not quite sure I liked it especialy since my bangs arent long enough to "swoop" just yet.

img5840t.jpg

img5866m.jpg

img5875u.jpg

I felt it looked a bit to matronly on me. [huh]

Wow you look awsome.
I love your haircolor

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
hair & makeup

I did hair & makeup for a client this past Friday & thought you gals might enjoy the look...
(sorry if you've already seen these on Livejournal or my personal blog)

img2314wb.jpg

img2315g.jpg

img2317wc.jpg

img2316p.jpg

Unfotunately with dark hair you cant quite see the waves that well =(

:)

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
I tried a bit of a curlier version of the veronica lake style, it was for a vintage ball, I also did my friends hair with a little pomp at the front and a large bun at the back, STUPIDLY I didnt take any decent photos, which of course now I regret! And my hair is a bit askew here, but you get the gist!

annas%20pics%20193.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
bellabella327 said:
Very cute! I wish I could do waves...my hair is way to straight...I keep trying though.
Bella, you can do it! My hair is stick straight and is so straight that perms fall out within a couple weeks. My hair takes finger waves much better than a regular curl. In order to get the nice medium curls on the bottom and back, I roll it in tiny perm rods. This style is the only style that lasts more than a single day. When I set it in a softer 50's set, it's completely gone by bedtime.

SayCici

Practically Family
kamikat, I've been growing my hair out into a bob so I can wear curlier styles, but when I've tried finger waves before (especially using setting lotion) they were really close to my head and didn't have volume like your hair does, it was like a helmet. Do you have any advice?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
kamikat, I've been growing my hair out into a bob so I can wear curlier styles, but when I've tried finger waves before (especially using setting lotion) they were really close to my head and didn't have volume like your hair does, it was like a helmet. Do you have any advice?

I only do 3 waves on the part side and 2 on the short side. The hair below the wave is then curled on a small perm rod, as is all of the hair in the back. It looks better on day 1 if it's curled on the smallest magnetic curler, but will be flat the second day. I'll post a pic of my set the next time I wash my hair. This is the only set that I can sleep in and have the hair look just as good the second day.

theplaiddress

New in Town
latest pincurl attempt

I'm a relative newbie at this whole vintage hairstyling thing. I've always generally focused on the clothes and a little bit on the makeup, but I never even used to brush my hair, let alone style it! But since I've got more time on my hands these days, as well as a shorter & more manageable cut, I'm trying to get in some practice.

I did a wet set post-shower. I added some mousse and shine serum before curling, and then a tad more serum before brushing (which I did for about a half hour or more, phew). It's definitely not ideal, but I think it's better than my first few tries....

Photo%2081.jpg

Photo%2097.jpg

FaintlyMacabre

Yes, please.

@Kamikat - please do take pics the next time you do that do! (the "finger" waves, that is.) I totally get what the prev. poster said about the body in yours....not so close to the head. They just look lovely. My hair is longer than yours, but maybe I could improvise from there.

Blondie

Practically Family
KamiKat ~ pleeeeeeeeeeeeease post tutorial on your winger waves,
looks fabulous ! But then again all hairtsyles look good on you !
I really want to do a wingerwave set when i have hair again.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn