Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Florsheim spec gunboats. Size 7, should clean up nicely. The replacement soles and heels are unworn. I will be selling these.

Florsheimspectators001.jpg

Florsheimspectators002.jpg

Florsheimspectators003.jpg

Florsheimspectators004.jpg

Florsheimspectators005.jpg

Florsheimspectators006.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
My latest acquisition, a pair of Alden Greenwich II boots in Burnished Tan, designed for Leffot of NYC.

53ddc959.jpg

47146de7.jpg

336fad6a.jpg

The soles are treated with oil for water-repellency, and yes, those are waxed flat laces.

More pics in the "Dress Boots for All Budgets" thread.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Wonderful boots. Leffot have to be one of the top five shoe stores in America, quality wise.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
What an excellent gift for you, my friend. Both you and the Wife have excellent taste (and Eagle Eyes), but you already know that! Happy & Healthy New Year to You & Your Family.

The Shooman

Practically Family
The last page have been some great looking shoos. :eusa_clap

Here's a pair l bought this morning, Gaziano & Girling rtw:
GGmine1.jpg

GGmine2.jpg

l pick up my big boy bespoke trial shoos in a few hours. lt is a one of it's kind in Australia and made by one of the last of the Aussie legends and talents. Not just a trial shoo, but a full on goodyear welted bespoke with antiquing and everything.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
They look very nice indeed, not sure about the square toe but thats personal choice and they look very well made!( I have an aversion to square toes from way back when having only a size 5 foot at the time I had to wear ' baby Docs' (childrens size Doctor Martins boots, upto size five uk they were square-ish toed 6 and over they had a 'normal' rounded toe, the ribbing I recieved from friends put me off sqaure toes for life!)

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
The last page have been some great looking shoos. :eusa_clap

Here's a pair l bought this morning, Gaziano & Girling rtw:
GGmine1.jpg

GGmine2.jpg

l pick up my big boy bespoke trial shoos in a few hours. lt is a one of it's kind in Australia and made by one of the last of the Aussie legends and talents. Not just a trial shoo, but a full on goodyear welted bespoke with antiquing and everything.

SHOOMAN IS OFFICIALLY BAAAAAAAAACK! G&G? Great taste & Great grab! One of the few modern makers that still interest me in the face of all the wonderful Vintage that's of there. What's the update on the Vass you ordered? Budapesters you mentioned. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Good Health to YOU, Shooey!!!

The Shooman

Practically Family
They look very nice indeed, not sure about the square toe but thats personal choice and they look very well made!( I have an aversion to square toes from way back when having only a size 5 foot at the time I had to wear ' baby Docs' (childrens size Doctor Martins boots, upto size five uk they were square-ish toed 6 and over they had a 'normal' rounded toe, the ribbing I recieved from friends put me off sqaure toes for life!)

l can understand how you feel with square toe shoes, but when you really have time to look at the G&G square toe last designs/shapes of the high and mighty Tony Gaziano in the flesh, you really start to appreciate just how elegant and special these shapes really are. Most square shapes on shoos are mediocre, but Tony makes a real art of the square toe that even photos can't capture. Even these factory made G&G's make the foot look amazing and elegant, and Tony is fully responsible for that because he makes amazing looking lasts, especially with the G&G shoes.

l tried to capture the toe in all it's glory. Not the same as seeing it in the flesh and on your feet, but it still looks o.k in these pics. Not wide and flappy like Donald Ducks shoos, but really snappy big boy G toes:
GGmine3.jpg

GGmine4.jpg

GGmine5.jpg

Smart boys on the old feet:
Todaysshoos45.jpg

Last edited:

The Shooman

Practically Family
SHOOMAN IS OFFICIALLY BAAAAAAAAACK! G&G? Great taste & Great grab! One of the few modern makers that still interest me in the face of all the wonderful Vintage that's of there. What's the update on the Vass you ordered? Budapesters you mentioned. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Good Health to YOU, Shooey!!!
l am sooo excited about the Budapesters (due near Easter). They are the BIGGEST monsters you will ever see...the FATTEST of boys possible. Real man shoos! Picture this:

1). A BIG brogue
2). The BIG budapest last with a BIG high front
3). BIG gnarly old teeth in the form of 3 rows of stitching (360 degree goiser), but the goiser is extra visible because it will be white thread against the dark sole.
4). Burgundy shell cordovan so it's all ruff and tuff!

l am pumped. A mutha to end all muthas. l was going to get a longwing but l think the big budapest last wouldn't be the most suitable for such a design. The Americans do longwings the best.

Sometimes you just have to buy what you like. Life is far too short not to have a few really good ones (shoos) in the closet.

Always a pleasure to talk to you Isshinryu. Keep on lovin' the fat ones mate!
Aportneyface.gif

P.S: the uglier they are, the fatter they are, and the bigger they are...the more l like `em. Cookie likes ugly ones, you like ugly ones, and l like ugly ones. BIG brutish monsters with gnarly old teeth are always the boss in my household.

Last edited:

flyfishark

Practically Family
I love the look of that shoe. The toe--and this might sound crazy--reminds me of the pointed-toes of the 40s-50s. That toe had a "hump" as it started down. This one has the same appearance, albeit more square. Wonderful shoe, congrats!

sproily

Practically Family
^G&G's : sublime. I love them. Love the chisel toe (very much seen on the 20's and 30's Finnish shoes) and the whole last is just beautiful.

And they look just SO much better on your feet as well. Good, good choice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner