Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Casual morning for me found me wearing a pair of Edward Meir spectators (navy/cream).

i-V9nNjTR-M.png

best, Eric -

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
I am stoked in having bought my first pair of wingtips/brogues! Admittedly, they feel a little big, but not by much.

The shoes are in pristine condition; there are even pieces of rubber still sticking out of the bottom heels. Insides are still a bit dusty, but the uppers look fantastic.

Black Pebble Leather Longwings
Genuine Leather Soles With Rubber Heels
Size 8D Made by Knapp in USA.

I'm guessing these were made between the late 60's-early 80's.

D4Q2ZLQ.jpg

66ONisv.jpg

wWem9bg.jpg

Last edited:

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Back at an office job. My old Bostonians bit the dust and now these are my only brown dress shoes. Allen Edmonds McClains. Now I usually hit my shoes with a dab of mink oil or beeswax cream. What the heck do I use on these to moisturize, recondition? Without buggering up the colour?
add991e8bb59fc0bb2d2d0017826aaec.jpg

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Back at an office job. My old Bostonians bit the dust and now these are my only brown dress shoes. Allen Edmonds McClains. Now I usually hit my shoes with a dab of mink oil or beeswax cream. What the heck do I use on these to moisturize, recondition? Without buggering up the colour?

Johnny

Johnny; I would use some Cadillac conditioner. The Allen Edmonds Cleaner and Conditioner works well also. The hardest part is removing any built up wax or polish that would prevent the conditioners from penetrating the leather. A bit of rubbing achohol will remove the built up layers. You will need to condition and cream polish the leather areas and then add a cream polish (if you desire a bit more shine on the toe and heel areas).

The above said, unless they are whooped from winter salts and chemicals, I would condition, light dab and polish creme (appropriate colors) and them add some Saphir Clear Gloss on the toes.

I like your spectators.

Best, Eric -

Dlaniger

I have posted these before, so apologies for the bored folks. I present my oldster Allen Edmonds McNeils with grained leather exterior. The Vibram lugges 1/2 soles are my latest resole. The luggs work well in today's melting snow. This morning I cream polished, clear waxed the toes, brushed/buffed vigorousely and edge dyed the shoes. Oldies, but favs.

i-94jzHpf-M.jpg

Apologies for folks who identify these as not being from the golden era or earlier.

Best, Eric -

Great shoes, Eric! I wear mine all the time. Your posts are never boring.

Dlaniger

Johnny

Johnny I would always defer to Eric’s expertise, but when you asked the question the first thing that came to my mind was using Saphir Renovateur to condition those very nice Spectators.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Went to LA this weekend for a movie premier and then some vintage shopping. Between two stores I was able to get two bow ties, a pair of creme colored slacks from the 30's, some braces and a pair of brown cap toed shoes. The braces and shoes apparently came from the same person. The shoes are by Connelly and made in Australia-at least that is my guess. There is a Kangaroo and a sheep that is embossed in them. I will post pics tomorrow when I get a chance.

Attachments

• IMG_3231.jpg
    IMG_3231.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 609
  • IMG_3233.jpg
    IMG_3233.jpg
    607.7 KB · Views: 600

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I had to wear a Tuxedo this afternoon. So I went digging around in the shoe boxes and found a pair of Patton leather oxfords I had completely forgotten about. Thought I would share.
9a8e0c5a73389282c5fb5ae8128962e9.jpg
f137e5b8c790114ff7fc589cb7e49d34.jpg
26a2e8a022a6173991c5be67f75ba606.jpg
37285d273abffea0d0c2071131d0a9e1.jpg
d8989d249071ff5a0e52ca2a0be879d1.jpg

Sweet tux shoes. Your shoe rack has some hidden gems.

I wore a pair of Nunn Bush spectators to this evenings event. Not a tux event for sure.

i-NgTDNHF-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto