Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Heads Up, Tomasso! I've been at it again! :D

------------------------

Got these tired old bucks just to see if I could refurb them. Worked out OK and I'm wearing 'em now.

BEFORE
DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0004.jpg

AFTER (Used a combination of rubber eraser, razor blade, sandpaper and brush on the Newbuck. Then polished the leather and put flat cotton laces on and cushioned insoles in.)
DSCN2115.jpg

DSCN2117.jpg

I wonder who actually made these for J. Crew?... [huh]

rlk

I'll Lock Up
More great shoes Gene!! I see why the hats have dwindled. I guess you can't cure the addiction only divert it[huh]:D
Not that I would have any personal experience of such things.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Oh yes, the addiction has taken many forms over the years. Hats, shoes, being the latest.

Never held a pair of Aldens. They certainly are good. Had to get them to clean up, examine and ultimately resell.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I'm looking at the white Florsheims and wondering why the stitching is present on the underyling surface, sort of outlining the brogue overlay. I looked at my shoes, and all of them have at least double stitches holding the brogued overlay in place, but none have the single stitch on the underlying panel. It looks like it must be cosmetic, I can't imagine what purpose it serves.

79CJ

New in Town
Hello All -

I've been lurking around for a while, finally joined up today after my 1st real Lounge inspired purchase over the weekend, a pair of thrift store Bostonian Lowings.

I'd like to get a better idea of their age. They say made in the USA inside, leather sole, rubber heel, and leather lined. The sole is fairly thick like on older US Florsheims, surely thicker than moden shoes, and they are heavy. Being new I don't think I can post pics yet.

79CJ

New in Town
Got a little more info after I came home from work, they are called Bostonian Footsavers. Any name that advertises comfort usually scares me off, so I'm guessing they aren't top of the line by any means. Does anyone know when about the "Footsavers" were made?

Thanks!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
79CJ said:
Being new I don't think I can post pics yet.
Yes you can, it's PM privileges that require 15 posts.;)

It would help to see a photo for dating purposes.

The Shooman

Practically Family
tom78 said:
New Spectators, courtesy of Adrian Herring, made by Cheaney in Northampton. Navy suede and chestnut calf.

Daring and very nice Tom. Good stuff mate.

Dreispitz said:
Gradually getting there!

Who is the maker? Hand stitched soles or machine attached?

My guess is St Crispins.

HungaryTom said:
Vass Antique cognac cordovan Theresianer:
31VassTheresianer2010jun10HUF120000.jpg

l love it, love it! l almost ordered an F last Theresianer in that colour but decided on black shell instead. Next order will be that colour. :eusa_clap

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Warbaby said:
I scored these snappy white cap toes at the thrift store yesterday. Oddly, here's no indication of the maker. Also oddly, the marked size (9-9 1/2 E) appears to be incorrect. I wear a 10 1/2 - 11 and while they're a bit too narrow, they fit fine in the length. Since they haven't really been broken in, they're fairly stiff but I'm going to walk them around the house for a few days and see if they loosen up to where they're comfortable enough to wear.

Any thoughts on dating them or who the maker might be?

WhiteShoes1.jpg

WhiteShoes4.jpg

WhiteShoes7.jpg

WhiteShoes5.jpg

WhiteShoes6.jpg

WhiteShoes3.jpg

Yes, they are Navy, sorry to drag an old post, but the "Biltrite" on the heel gives it away. I have two pair of black Army dress shoes with the same heal and just about every older military shoe and boot I have seen (save for combat and jump boots, like steel toed boots) have the Biltrite heel installed. Once they break in, they should be pretty good; at least that's been my experience.

No pictures yet, but I found three pair of Brogues, two from a high end shop in Seattle from Church's in brown and a pair of black Stetson brogues.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
The Shooman said:
Who is the maker? Hand stitched soles or machine attached?

My guess is St Crispins.

Michael Singer of Pfaffenhofen, Germany. "Manufactured" in the very sense of the word. All hand stitched and by hand done everything! Have a look at the photos, I had taken during the making. They are featured on "Maßschuhe" on the website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic