Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
P1100865.jpg

P1100870.jpg

P1100866.jpg

P1100867.jpg

P1100868.jpg

Just found their slightly rougher twin brother. I tell you, there are some seriously built shoes. The other pair had nailed leather heels, these have replacement cat's paw, but still original soles. So chunky.

P1120134.jpg

P1120131.jpg

P1120130.jpg

P1120128.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

Last edited:

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Just found their slightly rougher twin brother. I tell you, there are some seriously built shoes. The other pair had nailed leather heels, these have replacement cat's paw, but still original soles. So chunky.

P1120137.jpg

When you get some loose change I would have a cobbler clean the welt edges up and they would look pristine. The patina on the top pair is particularly nice.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
C&J for Ralph Lauren Double Monks

These cost me a bit but it is very hard to find tan double monks in high quality shoes. In any case they were a lot cheaper than retail:

The Shooman

Practically Family

Those are absolute beauties Dinerman, wish l had `em.

l'll raise you something even better. Check out these little beauties mate! BIG war boats....the biggest in town. Can't keep my eyes off them.

(pics in a moment............................having trouble copying them)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
FlatfootFooey posted a website of German Vintage items called Vecona Vintage.

http://www.vecona-vintage.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=63

Apart from having some amazing 30/40s boots like we have seen from Sproily there is a magnificent example of traditional wood pegged (holzgenagelt) shoes on there I would like to post.

One of the interesting things about the traditional European wood pegging process - for attaching the sole and heels - is that in so doing you create (naturally - as a by product of the process) the beautiful 'waist' (bevelled instep) effect much loved by modern high end cordwainers like Gaziano and Girling

Last edited:
Good shoos HarpPlayerGene. Nice trunk too.

Do you really play the Harp? Any good?
Harp, as in Blues Harp or harmonica. Yeah, I can romp around pretty well with any band doing twelve-bar blues or boogie woogie. Great fun.
Interesting. From the first time I saw the name "HarpPlayerGene" I knew you were referring to a harmonica; it never even occurred to me that you might mean a harp.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MS, I'm diggin' your boots so I googled 'Iron Rangers' and lo and behold....they're sold at Neiman Marcus......:rolleyes:

Anyhoo, nice boots. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred