Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Just picked up these Wolverine 1000 Mile Cap-Toe Oxfords from Orvis. Looks like this particular style is exclusive to them.

http://www.orvis.com/store/product....d=885&group_id=909&cat_id=9116&subcat_id=6253

Took a couple photos:

wolv_oxford_01.jpg

wolv_oxford_02.jpg

wolv_oxford_03.jpg

wolv_oxford_04.jpg

wolv_oxford_05.jpg

wolv_oxford_06.jpg

wolv_oxford_07.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
1960's British Walkers Alligator v-cleat Saddles

Think Alden saddles, but go back 50+ years (and add around a pound and a half to total weight) & in Gator. I really like the Large Tile Gator skin on these.

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
No love for the Gator Saddles? No problem. Something for everyone. Got these from a member here with exquisite taste...

1940's Stan West Spade Sole Captoe Oxfords. A more mild spade shape, but the top welt still pops, i think.

They say they are "corrective shoes". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but they are actually the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Issh...both incredible shoes! Just what we would expect from you. Does the heel on the Stan West have something to do with the corrective aspect, or was that a style?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Issh...both incredible shoes! Just what we would expect from you. Does the heel on the Stan West have something to do with the corrective aspect, or was that a style?

Good guess, my friend. Apparently that's called a Thompson heel. It's designed to help prevent foot pronation... when the ankle bends inwards

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
This is the basic style those Wolverine's above were copied from.

I figure everyone needs a black captoe shoe. I tried several and settled on this one...

Quick note, I got these from Dinerman. When they arrived, I told him they were very solid & nice, albeit "unspectacular". After further review (and comparisons with nearly a dozen pairs of vintage & modern black captoes), I must amend that. As black Captoes go, these are EXCELLENT. The lines are extremely nice. Of all the captoes I compared with, the only ones I would say were nicer were a pair of Vass... for over $1k.

1940's Hartt Captoe Blucher with 2x sole.

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Just won these early 1950s Black Suede shoes. A friend of mine has the same pair and I finally got some for myself!

ilfullxfull276661113.jpg

Isshinryu101

One Too Many

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I'm shocked as well. The 2nd pair is supposedly a 10D, a VERY popular & wearable size. The first could have width ascertained with a PM. Funny thing is that I very rarely see Vent Specs in Grey. They look great, I think. I'm stunned they're not sold.

One was supposed to be a 10A and belong to ther 10D and bigure.elong to the same person. Go figuRe!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
1940's Suede and Crocodile Spectators by Charles Chester

I already agree that there should have NOT been a medallion on these. The Croc pattern was quite enough "toe dressing". If I could, I'd go back in my time machine nearly 70 years & tell the maker personally!

IMG_0867-1.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Last edited:

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I'm going to hazard a guess that these are calfskin embossed to look like crocodile. Back then, embossing was an art form, and could be very well done.

I was waiting for someone to recognize that. They are indeed faux croc pattern. As you say, the work done to create the look was art in itself. No comparison with the "regular pattern" faux reptiles we see today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael