Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
001-5.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
They are quite beautiful Cookie, here are a pair of George Webb's I got yesterday from a charity shop, not my size but I just had to save them...condition wise they are very good the leather is nice and pliable with no cracking, possibly might need re-heeling but that's for someone else to do as I would hate to get the original? nails out!
zx34ew.jpg
51spxh.jpg

I like the rear heel top detail;
30tgtwk.jpg
6862h2.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Superb shoes must have cost a penny when they were made. Leather conditioner now is necessary.

Cookie...

What is that conditioner you recommend? We can get the two different Lexol conditioners, and Zymol, but I know there's some brand that you love. (By the way, esteban...those are great looking shoes.)

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I know and it kills me that they are only a size 7, gonna put em up probably tonight, I got 2 pair of 'BALLY' and a pair of RUSSELL BROMLEY' at the same shop last week they cost £10 for all three pair and they are like new, don't think they're too old but nice all the same...I'll add them some time soon to thread.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I just got these lovely Johnston & Murphy Aristocrafts. I don't know much about them, but, as I understand it, these were part of a handmade line that was made until about the 1980s. Whatever their story, they're nice shoes!

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

They're somewhat spadey:

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
just a question on Alden's boots, I went to the Alden's franchise store on Madison Ave, New York, and bought a pair of Indy boots, however, for such expensive shoes, the box and accessories are incredibly scant. there is basically just a green box and the shoes are put in transparent plastic bags. there is no tree, no cloth bag, no rag, but the Wolverine 1000 miles come with a beautiful cloth. Has anyone experienced this?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
just a question on Alden's boots, I went to the Alden's franchise store on Madison Ave, New York, and bought a pair of Indy boots, however, for such expensive shoes, the box and accessories are incredibly scant. there is basically just a green box and the shoes are put in transparent plastic bags. there is no tree, no cloth bag, no rag, but the Wolverine 1000 miles come with a beautiful cloth. Has anyone experienced this?

Sadly, in the grand scheme of things, Aldens are not really that expensive in today's fine shoe market. If one wants the "works" (trees, shoe bags), $1000 is often your price point... and often higher than that.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I just got these lovely Johnston & Murphy Aristocrafts. I don't know much about them, but, as I understand it, these were part of a handmade line that was made until about the 1980s. Whatever their story, they're nice shoes!

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

They're somewhat spadey:

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

I very nice modern spade sole shoe. Great find. Did you get them from Distinctive Footwear on the 'Bay?

cookie

I'll Lock Up

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

They're somewhat spadey:

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Great score. The true handmades have a hatched effect on the soles and hand made written on them as well as being hand sewn. Those need some conditioner BTW. I suspect those are 1980s too and NOS to boot.

Last edited:

SteveAS

Practically Family
Great score. The true handmades have a hatched effect on the soles and hand made written on them as well as being hand sewn. Those need some conditioner BTW. I suspect those are 1980s too and NOS to boot.

Thanks for that information, Cookie. When I did some research on these, I noticed Hand Made marked on the soles of some Johnston & Murphys that seemed similarly made to these in most respects. Are these shoes from a line between the regular 1980s J&Ms and the Hand Mades?

SteveAS

Practically Family
He's a good guy. I was so close to snatching these so many times. VERY glad to see a fellow FL'er got them! Double Congrats

Thanks. I was close a couple months ago, too, but my bid was below his offer. A little time passed, my bid went up, and his offer came down and we finally closed the deal. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy