Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
but even RRL makes concessions to modernity, such as the low rise of the trousers. there's nearly always a modern slant.

i'd like to know if any modern shoemakers have got the nerve to copy the 20s rear curve.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
True, but his stuff appeals to a large market. Even many of the vintage crowd like it. ;)

I'd really like to see a renaissance of the rear curve.

AlSailor

New in Town
1930s_kangaroo_Wrights.jpg

one day i'll find these in my size.

These boots are fairly similar to Stacy Adams Madison, although, of course, the Madison is made to much lower quality standards. Still the shape and the kidskin leather used look very similar.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
These boots are fairly similar to Stacy Adams Madison, although, of course, the Madison is made to much lower quality standards. Still the shape and the kidskin leather used look very similar.

That's a kangaroo boot. Stacy Adams modern leather is fake crap. More plastic than anything.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Stacy Adams=Made in China..or worse!

Well, I should not be so hard on that brand of shoes...they do make very decent targets if you have nothing else to use for target practice!

HA! I actually took one apart (it was an early vintage ID mistake by me... buying a modern SA boot & thinking it to be true vintage). Not a single real stitch that attached anything. Was 100% glued.

coble

A-List Customer
18698_10151358025045350_909078056_n.jpg

my new spats traditionally made from an amazing shop out of Austin called Dandy's Gentleman Shop. I'll get my boots middle of next week. They carry everything from suits, suspenders, straight razors, mustache wax, hats, shoes, and boots, handmade bowties. Go check them out, i'll be going to the shop in Jan, their only two hours from me. Oh by the way amazing customer service. Family owned.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Thanks, A.C.! I informed the seller of this tidbit, and did so in a respectful manner, but have not heard back.

Do as you please, but every leather AE sole had "Allen Edmonds" (except for some 1940's and older models) stamped right where that 14s is stamped.

The heel is wrong for every era 1970's or older..

It is a re-sole job with a stamp on it.

freakersea

New in Town
added a pair of park avenues (second hand) the collection is slowly growing, still need shoe trees. This shot was just before both pairs got a good polish, the avenues came up mirror finish the mcallisters not so great. The mcallisters have some age to them have the ostendo cushioned inner sole but pretty sure the park avenues are newish (probably got them cheap as the leather around the mouth flairs a little)

PB100016_zpseb7010fe.jpg

PB100017_zpsb2e3f535.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
HA! I actually took one apart (it was an early vintage ID mistake by me... buying a modern SA boot & thinking it to be true vintage). Not a single real stitch that attached anything. Was 100% glued.

I know what you mean. It is sort of sad as to the materials and manufacturing of them is not quality at all. But if they just would make them the right way and use some real leather instead of recycled soda pop bottles, they could have some nice looking footware!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
18698_10151358025045350_909078056_n.jpg

my new spats traditionally made from an amazing shop out of Austin called Dandy's Gentleman Shop. I'll get my boots middle of next week. They carry everything from suits, suspenders, straight razors, mustache wax, hats, shoes, and boots, handmade bowties. Go check them out, i'll be going to the shop in Jan, their only two hours from me. Oh by the way amazing customer service. Family owned.

Please do give us a review and some pictures when you obtain these. They seem to be similar to a few listings on eBay, and I have wondered it they are just junk or made well? If they are made well and have decent material and construction, I think many people here from the lounge will have a great interest in owning a pair. Thanks!

coble

A-List Customer
Please do give us a review and some pictures when you obtain these. They seem to be similar to a few listings on eBay, and I have wondered it they are just junk or made well? If they are made well and have decent material and construction, I think many people here from the lounge will have a great interest in owning a pair. Thanks!

yes they are listed on eBay because those are the 2012 season they have more styles coming out in 2013 their website has a few more colors including tweed. You also get a free hook to button them up. I will post an extensive review I plan on going to work in them so ill let you know comfort as well as quality of the canvas material. I can't wait to wear these. So I'll let you know this week ill also take close ups for everyone.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Some of my Favourite shoes....
1215120739_zpse3f2dbe4.jpeg

Not sure of the brand. Tan polished calf, closed laced, cap-toe, stitched soles & metal taps on heel. (I got them for $7!)
1215120738_zps05e6f768.jpeg

Gorgeous tan pig skin, closed laced, wing-tip Ballys! (I got them for $3) rubber taps. My Favourite pair of shoes!
1215120737_zps269a6895.jpeg

Beautiful ox-blood and ivory, open laced, wing-tip Cole Haans! (I got them for $5!) I wear these or canvas sneakers for cricket, among other things....

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Very nice trio!

I had my local cobbler replace the heels on this pair of AE's. The originals were just too darned unforgiving and loud.
imageesr.jpg

I think he did a nice job.
imagewhnt.jpg

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Very nice trio!

I had my local cobbler replace the heels on this pair of AE's. The originals were just too darned unforgiving and loud.
imageesr.jpg

I think he did a nice job.
imagewhnt.jpg

Yes, the new heels look really nice....and are "Cats Paw" as well....you know what they say about Cats Paw heels? They say, "MEEEEEOW" lol!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Some of my Favourite shoes....
1215120739_zpse3f2dbe4.jpeg

Not sure of the brand. Tan polished calf, closed laced, cap-toe, stitched soles & metal taps on heel. (I got them for $7!)
1215120738_zps05e6f768.jpeg

Gorgeous tan pig skin, closed laced, wing-tip Ballys! (I got them for $3) rubber taps. My Favourite pair of shoes!
1215120737_zps269a6895.jpeg

Beautiful ox-blood and ivory, open laced, wing-tip Cole Haans! (I got them for $5!) I wear these or canvas sneakers for cricket, among other things....
Two words: Shoe trees. ;)

The Shooman

Practically Family
yes. Saint Crispins (over $1500, though)

403.jpg

They can afford to do small batch shoemaking. Other makers would need to produce many more boots to make money (at their lower price point). Demand is too low for this. Sadly, top US shoemakers, produced shoes at a high level of quality... and a high price (for the time and economics of footwear spending). Repros are basically of much lower quality.

That boot would be worth the price. l've wanted St Crispins shoos for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy