Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
Just letting everyone know I bought the Wolverines. I will take a picture of them when they come.

I was wondering, were there any Brown and Taupe spectator shoes, like the Wolverines, from the Golden Era?

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_251112__zps27fc8196.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_251110__zpsc5859086.jpg.html] [/URL]

The shoes had some slight scuffing on one toe. Three days of some caddy to soak them up, the some paste cream polish on the bad spot rubbed in and left to dry for about an hour. I had to run to the Cobbler store today, so I picked up some apple red color polish for these. The real name of the color is Red Rouge.

These are some very nice FootJoys. The entire inside of the shoe is padded, and the padding on the sides and top is all covered with that smooth glove leather. The shoe is made on the nice "Rex" last, and these are NOS so they got some extra time to soak in a container with the Cadlillac conditioner to get rid of all the dryness to the leather. They have the typical soft spade sole shape. More pictures later on these.
More pictures next up....lol!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_252903__zps2ea5588a.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_252902__zpscfc74c02.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_252901__zps66ec30f0.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_252868__zpsa78458eb.jpg.html] [/URL]

These vintage foot joys shoes...started life as a custom order golf shoe...the seller has been a friend of some of the old timers that had been "big shots" in the foot joy company. We expected to have them converted as they were already NOS and not something we wanted to keep as a Golf shoe..Then we happen to own them. The real challenge was what to do with them..they are so very nice and worth putting some money into them...so off they went to our friend, our Cobbler....

He had to do some digging to find the exact soles we wanted to have placed on these.....and then come up with a nice heel. Wanting to keep everything similar to a vintage style, he was able to do a great job as these are just "soft spade" design not hard core spade soles.

The color of the shoes just will not show up in my pictures of them....as they are a apple red (not a hard red, but the red color of gala apples)....

Something about the elegance of the vintage foot joy shoes...they have a shape that sets them apart from other vintage shoes of the same time period. These are just gems now.

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I got my Wolverines. They are very comfortable, and seem pretty tough. The rubber sole isn't that noticeable in real life. They look a lot like vintage shoes (to me at least). The taupe part seems to be nubuck, or sanded leather.
vvvdfHd.jpg

wqjHvnd.jpg

vf8kKkM.jpg

xI60eYX.jpg

[video=youtube;HWsZ5M4Yf8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWsZ5M4Yf8Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
That's a very nice looking set of shoes Vintage Spectator. If they are anything like their boots, they should be really comfortable.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
That's a very nice looking set of shoes Vintage Spectator. If they are anything like their boots, they should be really comfortable.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Also those shoes are rebuildable if they need new soles, can convert them to actual leather later on down the road.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I got my Wolverines. They are very comfortable, and seem pretty tough. The rubber sole isn't that noticeable in real life. They look a lot like vintage shoes (to me at least). The taupe part seems to be nubuck, or sanded leather.
vvvdfHd.jpg

wqjHvnd.jpg

vf8kKkM.jpg

xI60eYX.jpg

[video=youtube;HWsZ5M4Yf8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWsZ5M4Yf8Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

PLEASE...apply some serious amounts of leather conditioner on those shoes....help them last longer...and get some shoe trees in them....they will look newer longer, last longer and keep them from looking like all worn out shoes. Protect your purchase.....

Oh yes...is that a fender guitar amp I see in the background? lol!

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
It is an amp. However, I do not play the guitar. I was trying it a few years ago, but I prefer the piano.

I put some Vaseline on the Wolverines, as I apparently scuffed them while wearing them. They look as good as new, except for one dark scuff I can't remove on the cream part. I was wondering if anyone else uses Vaseline on their shoes.

Last edited:

Retro Spectator

Practically Family
I have had these Bostonian loafers for several months now. I rarely wear them though. Why? They are ridiculously tight on the upper part of the opening, yet they rub on my heel. They are extremely stiff as well. Thus, I only wear them when I need to put shoes on fast, which is pretty much never. I even broke them in by wearing them constantly for a week. Still stiff.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Socks with clocks. Great. I wish they were readily available. I wonder why manufacturers like Bresciani, Falke or Pantherella don't do them.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I agree that socks are indeed a look that should some how match or create havoc on the onlookers...it relative style to what ever a man's shoe and suit is.

I give some verbal examples for now...

Light cream colored socks, look almost white, but worn with a Tux, instead of black socks. If you have a killer Tux on, and some very great looking shoes, the light color seems to break up the pant legs from the shoes and allows the "lookers" to see how nice the shoes are....

Socks with a Story on them, some socks, made by Robert Graham, have a story line on the outside of the socks, done with a motif or theme behind the many illustrations on the socks themselves. Those socks help show some nice vintage shoes, which to me have a story to say as well. Per Pedes sock brand does some nice ones of having a story on the socks. My Husband's favorite socks are from them, the "theme" is Atomic Explorer, and it has some women's corset with a red ball and a larger pink ball with a corset again in some pattern very largely done on the socks. The main color background is black, everything else stands out, including on the very back going up from the heels of the socks, it says, in block letters, Atomic Explorer and gives you the image of the late 1940's to 1950's Atomic age. These socks are when you are being risky with the items you are wearing, perhaps pink dress shirt and tie, off white sports coat with blue pants, and some spectator shoes....but wanting to have that 1950's thin tie look. Socks can be a draw to shoes and over all attire and create some spur of the moment conversations with total strangers.

To date, however, both myself and Daniel agree....no not ever, no way, don't do it...no shocking neon pink socks....

The Shooman

Practically Family
New Edward Green shoos. Nice to get another pair, and my first on the 82 last, so quite exciting.

I've had butterfies in my stomach since yesterday, feeling very nervous about my purchase hoping l would be able to snag them. I got there and there was a delight to my eyes, lots of Church's and some Edward Greens. I felt like snagging them all, but l got weak and only snagged a pair of Edward Green captoes on the 82 last. I'vce never been able to get a pair on the 82, so l am excited about that. Other pairs in my size were a chelsea boot in dark brown on the 202 last (stunning...l have the exact pair in tan) and some suede loafers.

Here are my big boy Edward Greens.

Edward_Green_mine_10.jpg

Edward_Green_mine_11.jpg

This arvo l am going to polish them up. I'll renovate them twice, put paste on them twice and then do a nice wax mirror finish on them over coming weeks to get them shiny as heck.

Next week l get some even bigger boys, as lovely Vass oxford captoe in burdungy. Super excited about that.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
New Edward Green shoos. Nice to get another pair, and my first on the 82 last, so quite exciting.

I've had butterfies in my stomach since yesterday, feeling very nervous about my purchase hoping l would be able to snag them. I got there and there was a delight to my eyes, lots of Church's and some Edward Greens. I felt like snagging them all, but l got weak and only snagged a pair of Edward Green captoes on the 82 last. I'vce never been able to get a pair on the 82, so l am excited about that. Other pairs in my size were a chelsea boot in dark brown on the 202 last (stunning...l have the exact pair in tan) and some suede loafers.

Here are my big boy Edward Greens.

Edward_Green_mine_10.jpg

Edward_Green_mine_11.jpg

This arvo l am going to polish them up. I'll renovate them twice, put paste on them twice and then do a nice wax mirror finish on them over coming weeks to get them shiny as heck.

Next week l get some even bigger boys, as lovely Vass oxford captoe in burdungy. Super excited about that.

Nice ones, Shooey. EG is finished very nicely and uses some extremely soft leather. I just keep getting stuck on that $1200 pricetag for a goodyear welted shoe. Let's see more of those hand-welted Vass, my friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara