Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

lopo

One of the Regulars
Stefanobi Norvegese Penny Loafer
14:STEFANOBI:NORV:P.LOAFER:K.jpg

15:STEFANOBI:NORV:P.LOAFER:K.jpg

29:STEFANOBI:NORV:P.LOAFER:K.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

The Shooman

Practically Family
The specs are 40's Florsheim. They have seen some hard wear and my cobbler and I have worked them ready for public wear.

Wow, just amazing. Look at the high spi on those soles. Probably hand welted too.

Those ventilated shoes above are impressive too. I often wonder how ventilated these types of shoes are when many are fully lined. Are yours fully lined in leather, or half canvass?

You are very fortunate to own these vintage shoes. I had the chance to amass a collection but l never did it back in the day, sadly those times have now passed. Doesn't matter though, l am happy with what l have. Some of those old shoes are better made than anything made today including Lattanzi, they were made to last forever...thinking of the old Crosby spades from the 40's that l own.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks sir. I do feel fortunate. Like your experience the vintage shoes are, mostly, incredible quality. The simple details make such a difference.

Truth, I try to gently wear the vintage shoes. Almost all my vintage shoes have new heels and many sole protectors. I was out with one of my first vintage pairs and my heels just disintegrated. Duh! Being an educated engineer I do carry a pair of modern shoes in the trunk of my auto when I am out for shenanigans. My vintage shoes are delightfully cared for. Like your are with your special shoes, I am careful with my shoes. This said I only buy shoes I will wear. This rule has excluded some pairs over the years.

The vented shoes are not lined. If you hold them to the light, you can see through them like a Panama hat.

Cheers, Eric

Wow, just amazing. Look at the high spi on those soles. Probably hand welted too.

Those ventilated shoes above are impressive too. I often wonder how ventilated these types of shoes are when many are fully lined. Are yours fully lined in leather, or half canvass?

You are very fortunate to own these vintage shoes. I had the chance to amass a collection but l never did it back in the day, sadly those times have now passed. Doesn't matter though, l am happy with what l have. Some of those old shoes are better made than anything made today including Lattanzi, they were made to last forever...thinking of the old Crosby spades from the 40's that l own.

As to the spi, man some of the vintage shoes rule!!! I have a pair of 40’s Edward Green spade shoes sold at Bullocks in CA that has an ungodly SPI.

Perhaps not mentioned enough is the instep curves, soles curve and arch curves of the master shoe craftsman. Crazy to say, but I do see them as gorgeous. Time and effort to make these details was enormous. Today these details would be incredibly expensive.

Eric-

Details do matter.

cookie

I'll Lock Up

My spades are around 80 years old and I wear them to work, I had to have a sole delicately re-glued on one this year and I have owned them for like 15 years! Putting a Topy years ago prevented any sole damage.

Attachments

• Stetson Avenue 3.jpg
    Stetson Avenue 3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 76

GHT

I'll Lock Up
shoes36.jpg shoes37.jpg
The first pair I bought at The Twinwood Festival that we have just returned from. The second pair I had to order because my size had sold out.

It troubled me that Tina might have thought that I had a self indulgent moment and blown the budget, (I had, but don't tell her,) so after going back to look at a pair of shoes that she so wanted, but couldn't justify because, quite frankly, they were expensive, she found them in the suitcase when we were unpacking. Holding one shoe aloft, but not saying anything, I pre-empted her. "The shoe fairy," I suggested. She laughed, well that was better than a lecture on over spending. You want to see what the fuss was all about?

shoes 28.jpg

mco543

New in Town
I found these very nice Majestic Shoe lizard boots at my local thrift store for $5 and can’t find anything about this maker. Any info? All I can find is a shoe company called Majestic Collection which seem quite lousy compared to these. They seem well made and I’m very curious (and excited )

76FFAABC-CAFF-44A5-BB80-28E117F1D326.jpeg
FA08404C-C331-460F-B9C9-E09E172A7A9A.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko