Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Yeah but those are ones the little tightwad picked up whilst thrifting and are modern J&Ms.

They are not vintage like the mesh jobs...his taste is all over the place unlike his taste in hats which is par excellence

...I'll have that $5 now please HPJ!lol lol

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
Yeah but those are ones the little tightwad picked up whilst thrifting and are modern J&Ms.

They are not vintage like the mesh jobs...his taste is all over the place unlike his taste in hats which is par excellence

...I'll have that $5 now please HPJ!lol lol

lol

Ha! Yup, those are modern and not particularly special but solid and based on classic cues. I wear these with jeans and an open collar to set up and operate my outdoor concession. Most of my contemporaries are in shorts, tanks and sandals at these gigs. :(

---------

Hey Cook' those spade sole Crosbys ain't too bad for an old pair of shoes. ;)

---------

Oh, and send you five bucks!? Heck, I could buy a couple of pairs of shoes for that kind of money! :D

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got these. Alden flex-welt snuff suede chukkas:

img0399u.jpg

img0402bp.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
The thrift store was very good to me yesterday.

Here's the first pair of three I scored for prices that would embarrass most civilized people, but not me. :D

I intend to offer these for sale and to make a minor killing while still saving some lucky fellow a bundle. See the screen grab below for reference of a 'bargain' retail price on this same shoe. ;)

I'll entertain offers, if anyone is interested in these, while I contemplate whether to list them in the TFL Classifieds or on Ebay. They are in what I would call 'worn once' condition.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0006-3.jpg

DSC_0009-3.jpg

DSC_0011-2.jpg

Picture3.png

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
And these. I'm fairly excited about them as I've been on the lookout for simple, black Balmoral cap toes for a while. Didn't imagine I'd find as old a pair of Florsheims as these and in such good condition. They fit me fine. I'm so happy. :)

Not knowing a great deal about shoes or vintage shoes, I find it intriguing that the maker's name is on the inside of one heel bed and the retailer's trademark is on the other. Common? [huh]

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Those Florsheims are late 1950s I suspect or at latest early 60s and near new quality. I have a similar pair with that winged stitching treatment. What happens to these things...someone wears them to Church twice a year and walks around in sandshoes the rest of the time?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
Those Florsheims are late 1950s I suspect or at latest early 60s and near new quality. I have a similar pair with that winged stitching treatment. What happens to these things...someone wears them to Church twice a year and walks around in sandshoes the rest of the time?

Thanks, cook'! I want to keep learning about these things. I had guessed '58 while talking with Nicki about these but I have no idea what possessed me to pick that date. Then I read your comment. I must be psychic! :D

jimiez

New in Town
shoe repair

i live in so cail, have several pair of shoes that are split in the back. need a good cobbler to repair. anybody know of one. thanks jimiez

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
jimiez said:
i live in so cail, have several pair of shoes that are split in the back. need a good cobbler to repair. anybody know of one. thanks jimiez

If no one here comes to your aid on this I would think the telephone directory, under the heading of Shoe Repair, would lead you in the right direction.

I did what you described to one of my shoes once. Only once. From that point on, I always fully loosen the laces and carefully use a shoe horn to ease into my shoes.

jimiez

New in Town
HarpPlayerGene said:
If no one here comes to your aid on this I would think the telephone directory, under the heading of Shoe Repair, would lead you in the right direction.

I did what you described to one of my shoes once. Only once. From that point on, I always fully loosen the laces and carefully use a shoe horn to ease into my shoes.
thanks for the info but i would never take off my shoes without loosening the laces.i bought the shoes that way. as far as using the yellow pages, i dont want to get a crapy job. these shoes are vary hard to come by. i would think that with all these vintage shoes ive seen, someone in so cal would know of one. by the way, thoes white bucks are awsome.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
jimiez said:
thanks for the info but i would never take off my shoes without loosening the laces.i bought the shoes that way. as far as using the yellow pages, i dont want to get a crapy job. these shoes are vary hard to come by. i would think that with all these vintage shoes ive seen, someone in so cal would know of one. by the way, thoes white bucks are awsome.

Gotcha' - and thanks about the bucks! :)

--------------

Listen, if you really strike out over there on the West Coast, you are welcome to send one pair this way and I'll take it up with my guy on your behalf. Quirky old fellow, fourth generation cobbler, excellent skills. His little shop is within strolling distance of my home and I stop in regularly to show him my acquisitions and pick his brain. He has a zeal for the art form.

I expect that you'll connect with a quality source out there but you've got a Plan B if you need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou