Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

jimiez

New in Town
jimiez said:
thanks for the info but i would never take off my shoes without loosening the laces.i bought the shoes that way. as far as using the yellow pages, i dont want to get a crapy job. these shoes are vary hard to come by. i would think that with all these vintage shoes ive seen, someone in so cal would know of one. by the way, thoes white bucks are awsome.
thanks to gean and marc for the help. i will try the one in glendale jim

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
Those Florsheims are late 1950s I suspect or at latest early 60s and near new quality.

Oh, I forgot the other pictures in my previous post:

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
That heel pattern nails it for 50s-60s...congrats:eusa_clap .
DSC_0039.jpg

What is interesting is my Sunday shoes point.

The shoes are obviously worn but the heel is 50s-60s is almost new from the wear pattern and the heel has obviously been replaced and the pair then have never been worn again...event to church on Sunday[huh] .

Amazing place America when it comes to shoes...look at that bloke in Marc's post.

In Australia you can't even find vintage Akubras very much.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
cookie said:
The shoes are obviously worn but the heel is 50s-60s is almost new from the wear pattern...

Thanks again for info and confirmation.

I think it's interesting that there are wear marks on the instep. Perhaps this person spent more time at the bar with a foot up on the rail than he did going to church on Sundays. ;) :D

cookie

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Thanks again for info and confirmation.

I think it's interesting that there are wear marks on the instep. Perhaps this person spent more time at the bar with a foot up on the rail than he did going to church on Sundays. ;) :D

Gene you lucky dog... it's always nice when you find a pair of "bespoke" shoes at the thrifts..;) :D

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Alden Leather Soul punch caps 11Ds - Plaza Last

These were made for Leather Soul - the famous shoe store in Hawaii....probably the best in the USA. French Chataigne leather made to an old pattern in the Alden archives. Purchased from the excellent eBay seller "distinctive".

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
I just purchased these today as I have only one pair, since I had to get rid of my other very worn pair of shoes (they were modern but vintage style).

I am guessing these are 1920s - 30s? I can't wait to put them on :)

boots1.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Prien said:
boots1.jpg

I am guessing these are 1920s - 30s? I can't wait to put them on :)

They look like Stacy Adams 'Madison' boots. The 'Madison' model has hardly changed in 60 years. If the soles are hard rubber, then the boots are probably from the last 25 years or so. If the soles are leather, then the boots are older than that ... or they're very new, since Stacy Adams recently started using leather for their soles again.

Here's the boot: http://www.stacyadams.com/shop-sa/mensShoes/classic/madison/prod00044.html

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
cookie said:
The Park Avenue - probably the most famous of the standard business shoes of Allan Edmonds - has been discontinued for reasons best known to AE considering Park Aves are the shoes worn by various of the POTUS(s).

That size is a great and common men's size but it is uncommon to find them in brown.

Are you sure? I have seen them recently in stores and online. It is the first one in AE's classics collection. I do not think they are going anywhere soon, but I could be wrong.

Classics

H.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Your attempt to kill the Park Avenue was feeble, at best. Better men (in Wisconsin) have tried.;)

I seem to have read that it was a planned execution of a classic style - like the Broadstreets...the force was not with them...grazie a Dio...

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Those Vass shoes are fantastic!

Here's a pair I picked up on ebay. Been wanting some monks, and it's all the better that they're brogued!

4028024075_6ec0976616_b.jpg

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Hello Marc,

Thanks - They were Stacy Adams (sorry I didn't mention that as they did have it in the ad).

8211h.jpg=600

The soles (I got them on eBay) are leather and heels are rubber.

8211e.jpg=600

Thanks for their website. I appreciate it! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou