Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Stingy Brims

My last stingy purchase was a 2 for 1 deal. This is the second: iron grey Cavanagh with the same dimensions as the brown listed earlier today:

View attachment 420895 View attachment 420896 View attachment 420897 View attachment 420898 View attachment 420899 View attachment 420900

As suggested, worn further back and with a bit of an angle. Still not sold on it.
That's a shame, 'cause I thought it proved Mr. Sinatra right--a great casual, more relaxed look. But I understand it, and we all have to feel comfortable in the hats we wear.

thatguykeek

New in Town
Have a look at this Golden Gate from the Golden State.
20220424_190139.jpg
20220424_190256.jpg 20220424_190157.jpg 20220424_190211.jpg

quikrick

One Too Many
My last stingy purchase was a 2 for 1 deal. This is the second: iron grey Cavanagh with the same dimensions as the brown listed earlier today:

View attachment 420895 View attachment 420896 View attachment 420897 View attachment 420898 View attachment 420899 View attachment 420900

As suggested, worn further back and with a bit of an angle. Still not sold on it.
Well Brent, I think both of those stingys (sp?) look great on you.
Just one man’s humble opinion.

I get you....I DO wear stingy brims..(though none under 2") BUT exclusively with a suit. Tends to look more tailored and put together than a wide brim to my eye (with a suit).....................

I too think the smaller brims pair well with suits, or at least an odd jacket and tie. They can look very smart. For me, this extends to brims as wide as 2 1/2 inches…they look better dressed up. However, some stingy brims have an informal/casual vibe and I’ll wear them with jeans and a button down. I think 2 1/4” is my stingy brim limit, but I also think smaller brims look great on others. I think these two beautiful Cavanagh stingy brims will be moving on.

I know you're still trying to get used to the stingy-brim look, but I think that hat has a great relaxed/casual look on you brim up or down. Actually, I like it a little better brim up.

Thanks, Al. I’ve been wearing stingy brims for a few years (I started this thread January 2018, and I had them before that), and I’ll always have some in my collection. For me, it’s not getting used to them as much as it is thinking hats with larger dimensions just look better on me.

I've posted these "new to me" hats already in other threads, but what the hell. I'll start with the used one: Bailey Hats' "Mannes" in "brown multi":

BAV0veH.jpg

100% Polypropylene. Only after I had it in-hand did I realize the colors were a fairly decent match to that Hawaiian shirt. I think the brim still needs a little work...

Up next, my actually new new hat, another Bailey. This time it's their "Billy" model in basic black:

s1fHM0o.jpg

Toyo braid (55% Polyester, 45% paper straw), surprisingly soft and comfortable. Despite it's narrow brim, I think it'll get a lot of head time this summer, and it might become my new favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ