Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Show us your suits the Second

If you want to check out the old thread click here. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=53

The first one was getting unweildly.

Show us your suits!

301130243_l.jpg

IMG_1226-vi.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
We should start a thread called "Show us your stripes"! Afterall, they'll always be popular!
This is my new Hart, Schaffner, Marx jacket (no pants). Tell me if you think its more on the blue or green side.
It's a bit big in the shoulders, so I'm going to get it taken in.
DSC00734.jpg

DSC00738.jpg

ray

The real Henry

Practically Family
I'd say it's more blue, but I think we would have to see it in person! Any way cool one!

@ Matt: I like that look, espacially the paper between ribbon and hat. Great look!

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Queen Mary pics coming soon ;-) Finally I'll get to show off my collegiate look.. oh and by the way Mr. Deckard...

Thanks for starting part II. Part I was getting out of hand.

Some excellent suits, gentlemen. We do need some pics of ghostassassin wearing his jacket, however :)

I'll get around to posting some of mine soon. It'll be a nice day here for outdoor photgraphs tomorrow. I had quite a run of luck on ebay recently so have some new purchases to show. And a recent trip to San Francisco, though mostly disappointing due to absurdly high prices, yielded one excellent mid-50s english glen urquhart plaid three piece from a thrift store. It's slightly large so it'll have to go to the tailor (my wife's seamstress, the only competent person in town) before i model it.

bk

It was indeed a nice day for outdoor photography, though our digital camera is a total piece of crap :rage: These were the best we could do. Not too bad ...

An early-mid 50s DB that i picked up on ebay about a month ago for $18.50. I think noone else bid because the seller had somehow managed to measure the trousers waist at 26 inches. I took a gamble and the waist turns out to be 30-31 inches. Perfect! The first i've bought that needed no alteration at all ... what a steal. I apologise for the number of images. I tried to reduce their file sizes as much as possible:

Full length

HWood9.jpg

Full Length w/ Zombie face

HWood4.jpg

Jacket close-up

HWood7.jpg

High waist pants - 12 inch rise

HWood6.jpg

Dropped belt loops close-up

HWood5.jpg

And it Passes the Deckard test ;)

HWood1.jpg

A couple of details:

Excellent buttons & cool wavy stitching behind the collar

HWood8.jpg
HWood2.jpg

BellyTank said:
Looks maybe a little earlier in style than you mentioned...?

I've been trying to decide on the dating of this suit. I assumed early-mid 50s because of the dropped belt loops, but now i see that dropped belt loops were around earlier - since the 30s apparently.

There is very little to go on for era, but hopefully some one here can help me. What is everyones opinion? I'll tell you all i can ...

There are no union tags or makers tags of any kind. The handwritten name Gonzalez appears two times - once on the inside trousers, and once on the lining of the right arm. Also handwritten are:

Inside right arm: (at cuff) 3/5/4-6 followed by someones initials and 6466-3
(at shoulder) 100 Gonzalez

Inside right front pocket lining:

Gonzalez
3/5/4-6 and initials
L (or 6) 4663

The inside 'waistband' of the trousers is lined with cotton ticking, the arms are lined with striped silk. The trousers are button fly - 5 buttons including the top one.

This has been driving me nuts. The 3/5/4-6 initially made me believe it was made in 1946, but the trousers are cuffed and i thought that rationing laws would still be in effect in March '46.

Is there anything really obvious that could lead me to a date? How rare is it to find something without union tags?

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24