Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Marc Chevalier said:
Okay.

Here's a vintage suit:

37_1_b.jpg
86_1_b.jpg
4c_1_b.jpg

37_1_ww.jpg
10_1_b.jpg
5e_1_b.jpg

Captain Kangaroo lives!lol

Regards,

J

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for showing us that abomination, Marc. It's just after lunchtime here,
and after viewing that hideous thing, I'm about to lose my lunch :eusa_doh:

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Wow, do you actually wear that?

Anyways, here is a picture of my suit. A couple of the poses are very contrived and somewhat exaggeated, but hey, I was excited! :rolleyes:

Its not the greatest suit in the world (wool and polyester blend[huh]), but I'm satisfied with it. I particularly like the long coat and lapeled vest. However, the color is a bit odd. The inside tag says "Olive" but it appears to I have a hard time figuring out what colors of hat and shoe (and sock) will go best with it. Black seems O.K. but I think a dark brown would go well. Does anyone have a suggestion to what color would go "perfectly" with this suit or is the black just fine?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Marc Chevalier said:
Nope lol I saw it for sale on eBay and saved the auction photos.

Don't believe it Arrow, he does wear it... all the time wile handing out flowers to homeless people on Melrose! lol lol lol It's one of his favorites!

J/K Marc, all in fun.;)

=WR=

Barry

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
Say, that's a great Pinstripe! That's a suit I've been wanting ever since I've started to collect! I'd take it in that color or, slate blue, gray/blue light gray or brown! If I only had a magic wand!

=WR=

I think I was really lucky to find that blue pinstripe. I have been looking for a new suit for some time now. If this suit is as described it should be a real winner. I should have it tomorrow and will get photos up once it is altered.

It's going to turn some heads at my place of employment. I'll have to get a co-worker to take a photo somewhere in our building which is just filled with excellent WPA/Deco goodies. The suit might be off by a few years but I think it should still look neat.

Barry

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
ArrowCollarMan said:
Wow, do you actually wear that?

Anyways, here is a picture of my suit. A couple of the poses are very contrived and somewhat exaggeated, but hey, I was excited! :rolleyes:

Its not the greatest suit in the world (wool and polyester blend[huh]), but I'm satisfied with it. I particularly like the long coat and lapeled vest. However, the color is a bit odd. The inside tag says "Olive" but it appears to I have a hard time figuring out what colors of hat and shoe (and sock) will go best with it. Black seems O.K. but I think a dark brown would go well. Does anyone have a suggestion to what color would go "perfectly" with this suit or is the black just fine?

The vest is great, I love the little lapels.

Perfect color? You need to see a good burgundy shoe with olive. Coupled with a burgundy tie and pocket square, it would all look pretty dangerous.

Barry

Practically Family
I've got some situps to do, but I like this suit.

I knew it would be snug but since I have lost 15lbs over the past few months and have some more (many more now that I look at the picture) to lose I thought I would go for it.

barry72.jpg

Barry

Wild Root

Gone Home
Barry said:
I knew it would be snug but since I have lost 15lbs over the past few months and have some more (many more now that I look at the picture) to lose I thought I would go for it.

barry72.jpg

Barry

I'm envious! I've always wanted a striped suit like that!!! That's just amazing! Go easy on sweets and other carbs, drink lots of water and you'll be fine! That suit.... WOW!

=WR=

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Summertime Looks

Here is a suit I would normally consider a winter suit. I love the jacket and wanted a more summer look. So I switched out the matching brown pants for white ones and VIOLLA!

suit1.jpg

suit2.jpg

suit3.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, a classic 30's summer look that be! Was all the rage in the Depression.

Looking good Chad!

Oh, Henry, that new avatar is great! Love that movie!!! I am a man, of constant sorrows...

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
It does look pretty slick. I'd have my hat with a wider brim, but thats just my preference. The coat seems pretty warm for summer[huh] . Its been around 100 degrees since Friday where I am. Now its down to the 80's (thank god!).

Wild Root

Gone Home
ArrowCollarMan said:
Its been around 100 degrees since Friday where I am. Now its down to the 80's (thank god!).

You said it! So glad it cooled off today... whew! I wasn't up to another scorcher!:rolleyes: I was at the PCC flea market yesterday with a friend... yeah, just about died! Then went to lunch and downed like 5 tall glasses of lemonade at LeRoy's... aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that was good!

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy