Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Hello from 'Bertie Wooster'

I was talking to David Saxby yesterday and he sends his regards and morale support to the FL forum. He has some smashing stuff in at the moment.

Alan

upr_crust

New in Town
I believe that your take on the pronunciation of "Kos" is correct . . .

. . . and, as for sales, Jay Kos was discontinuing New & Lingwood shoes in favour of Edward Green.

On another subject, here's my D/B suit as written about previously

Fletch said:
Jay Kos has sales?! [huh] Had no clue.

BTW, how you say thees Kos? I think of it as "Kohss."

Nonchalant

One of the Regulars
1940's houndstooth suit

I was very fortunate to purchase this suit from Slicedbread, a 3 button 1940's houndstooth suit, tailored by Wm. P. Goldman & Bros. for the Chicago department store, Carson, Pirie, Scott & Co. Suits like these are hard to come by. I told him I would post pictures of the suit when it arrived, but I've been taking my time... Sorry about that, Slicedbread, here they are now.

It's a great suit in need of a little TLC. I'll have to send it to a specialty cleaners to get out some nasty stains. A good reweaver is needed to fix a small tear on the shoulder. It might all be costly, but I think the cost will be worthwhile to restore a high-end suit.

Yep, I agree with you; the sleeves are too long (all 6ft tall men back then had longer arms than I do, apparently :) )

Trousers fit nicely (just need to be pressed and cleaned ;) )

This is one of Slicedbread's photos, you can see the fabric much better here (it looks darker in person, and the background color more beige than white)

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I bought this early '90s Polo Ralph Lauren (blue label) DB gray pinstripe from another Lounger:

PRLgraystripeDBtrousers.jpg
PRLgraystripeDB.jpg

The sleeves and trouser legs need to be shortened a bit, and I may have the collar lowered slightly to correct some bunching in the back. But other than that, I think it fits fairly well.

Jovan

Suspended
Well, I don't have a problem with tapered legs, but I'm pretty much one of... two people here who like the style of the '60s. (Though of course, this originated from the '20s.)

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Nonchalant--Looking great! You're doing that suit justice that I never could...I like the tie too!

Orgetorix--I love the older RL models...Looks good!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nonchalant and Orgetorix, those suits look great. As for the sleeve length, I myself might have them shortened by the tiniest amount, but few tailors here would fuss with it. By Australian tailoring standards, the U.S. sleeves often seem too short.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The suit

Nonchalant said:
I was very fortunate to purchase this suit from Slicedbread, a 3 button 1940's houndstooth suit, tailored by Wm. P. Goldman & Bros. for the Chicago department store, Carson, Pirie, Scott & Co. Suits like these are hard to come by. I told him I would post pictures of the suit when it arrived, but I've been taking my time... Sorry about that, Slicedbread, here they are now.

It's a great suit in need of a little TLC. I'll have to send it to a specialty cleaners to get out some nasty stains. A good reweaver is needed to fix a small tear on the shoulder. It might all be costly, but I think the cost will be worthwhile to restore a high-end suit.

Yep, I agree with you; the sleeves are too long (all 6ft tall men back then had longer arms than I do, apparently :) )

Trousers fit nicely (just need to be pressed and cleaned ;) )

This is one of Slicedbread's photos, you can see the fabric much better here (it looks darker in person, and the background color more beige than white)

That is a beautiful and complex and wonderful suit that looks great on you!

Martina

One of the Regulars
1937(?) French Blue Waffle-Weave DB

Fletch,
That blue suit looks so handsome on you and I must say, much better than on my hanger! I know that some of the other FL'ers think that all that blue together is too much (when the jacket & pants are worn together) but I find it incredibly striking.

What good taste we have Fletch! :D

~ Martina~

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Second the blue notion

Martina
Fletch,
That blue suit looks so handsome on you and I must say, much better than on my hanger! I know that some of the other FL'ers think that all that blue together is too much (when the jacket & pants are worn together) but I find it incredibly striking.

Yes, striking !!! Great buy and great offering.:eusa_clap

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
I'm thinking of removing the belt loops on the trousers of that PRL suit I posted above. The pants are high-waisted enough that I can't see myself ever wearing them with anything but braces, and I like the clean look of a waistband without them. Anybody have thoughts on the matter? I would probably keep the loops so if I ever got rid of the suit they could be put back on.

414744238_9a898c11df_o.jpg

414744242_409510e03f_o.jpg

(I was surprised to find that these have the genuine DAKS waistband.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw