Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
Somethin Im currently rather proud of

Alan Eardley said:
I was talking to David Saxby yesterday and he sends his regards and morale support to the FL forum. He has some smashing stuff in at the moment.

Alan

My latest is a Huntsman 4 piece.. picked it up last year and dates from 1965.. In credibly heavy windowpane tweed and a real eye tuner. All the usual details, button fly, high waist, brace buttons etc.. Just adore it.. and quite a rare find!

RBH

Jovan

Suspended
Orgetorix said:
I'm thinking of removing the belt loops on the trousers of that PRL suit I posted above. The pants are high-waisted enough that I can't see myself ever wearing them with anything but braces, and I like the clean look of a waistband without them. Anybody have thoughts on the matter? I would probably keep the loops so if I ever got rid of the suit they could be put back on.

(I was surprised to find that these have the genuine DAKS waistband.)
Do it. They already have Daks tops anyway, and I don't see much point in having both. I too like the clean look of it. Sean Connery's suits as 007 never had belt loops -- it's pretty Savile Row from what I understand.

D

DBFedora

Perfect

upr_crust said:
. . . and, as for sales, Jay Kos was discontinuing New & Lingwood shoes in favour of Edward Green.

On another subject, here's my D/B suit as written about previously

upr crust,
A stunning ensemble. To me, it is absolutely perfect. Have searched for the same for myself, form head to toe. Thanks for sharing. My compliments on your good taste. :cool:

upr_crust

New in Town
Thank you DBFedora . . .

I am fond of that D/B suit (and of double-breasted suits in general - they suit my physique, and I seem to be able to carry them off without looking absurd). I had the suit made up for me at St. Laurie in the early 90's, and was disappointed that the pattern for it was discontinued several years later. I'm also happy that a garment closing in on 15 years old still fits me (that's not ALWAYS been the case with that suit -I had a few "fat" years).

DBFedora said:
upr crust,
A stunning ensemble. To me, it is absolutely perfect. Have searched for the same for myself, form head to toe. Thanks for sharing. My compliments on your good taste. :cool:

Rooster

Practically Family
Sir RBH said:
I came across a jacket just like your huntsman the other day. Same color, green with blue window payne. The poor thing was so moth eaten the back looked like some one had taken a shotgun blast.:eusa_doh:
Although I was smitten with the color, my wife infomed me she wouldn't be seen in public with me wearing something like that.;)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A couple of favourites

BennyHoliday8.jpg

Excuse the cheesy pose, I'm trying to display the fitted body of the suit jacket:
BennyHoliday9.jpg

And this brown suit I bought from Vintage Silhouettes a few years back. Thanks Art! Yes, it was a tough job working that afternoon, but someone had to do it (yes, there is someone on the left of the picture, guys! lol ).
RoseSeidler2.jpg

upr_crust

New in Town
Not as young and handsome as Benny, but . . .

. . . similarly suited and hatted.

These are photos from several years ago, though I still have the suit and the Borsalino. (The suit, a Polo, fits fine, still, but the Borsalino is a little tight these days . . .)

upr_crust

New in Town
Trust me - there have been times when . . .

. . . the suit's been tight too, but happily, not right now :) How the Borsalino has shrunk still boggles my little mind - and it's a 7 1/2! My skull must be getting thicker . . .

Orgetorix said:
Nice. But wait a minute--the suit still fits but the hat has gotten tighter? Most men have the opposite problem! ;)

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Orgetorix said:
I'm thinking of removing the belt loops on the trousers of that PRL suit I posted above. The pants are high-waisted enough that I can't see myself ever wearing them with anything but braces, and I like the clean look of a waistband without them. Anybody have thoughts on the matter? I would probably keep the loops so if I ever got rid of the suit they could be put back on.

Keep the belt loops. I don't know who started the rumor that belt loops create an 'unclean' appearance. In my honest opinion, for pants to go without belt loops, they need a substantially wide waistband (2 inches plus) or no waistband at all, otherwise it looks like the tailor just got lazy or fogot to add belt loops.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
Well, i must admit that's been one of my goals. His style really is a benchmark for me. (It helps that he was almost exactly my size). So, the styles that 'e popularised and looked good on him, are likely to look good on me . . . and you, Ray.

bk

I like the cut of his suits, although I can't quite pull off the complicated plaids and checks like you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace