Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

slicedbread

A-List Customer
well to be fair...if one suddenly changes their clothing preference it is definitely perceived as an anomaly, if not an outright costume until everyone gets used to it...

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Spousal Abuse

Mr. K.L.Bowers said:
Thanks Gentleman,
Your input is greatly appreciated. It’s good to be able to go to the pros when you need some advice.

My wife cut me to the quick when she said “Oh.. your wearing your costume” !

Feraud, I’ll be stopping at Target this afternoon. I hope our local has those in stock. The radio is my 41-280 Philco. One of about 50 + Philcos all over the house.
K.B.

Don't worry about their opinion (I didn't really say that:D ) when I wore my 1940s specs at the recent wedding at our place she begged me not to wear them and then the "experts" aka everyone else said they were grand!

Jay

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Believe it or not, that is an off the rack number from Target. It seemed like it could make a decent summer suit.
I thought it was a custom job. You wear it well. I think I want one, too.

D

DBFedora

Feraud

The whole outfit looks great and you exude an attitude of style class and ease that is to be admired. You have a remarkable ability to put it all together every time. A terrific look. I especially like the first picture. What a cool photo. Any of the three could easily be an advertisement photo. Enjoy!

Mr. K.L.Bowers

One of the Regulars
Yes she did use those exact words. Slicedbread, you are correct. I have always admired the styles of the 30’s and 40’s, but never actually wore them. She mentioned to a friend that my style was changing and the response was that it was an indication of self confidence and the fact that I felt good about myself. (who can argue with that?).
I do believe there was some playfulness in her comment.

Period eyeglasses were the first change. We have a friend who is an optometrist, and when I took him a pair of vintage P3 frames to ask if he could put my prescription into them he was thrilled to see them. He said they don’t make this quality frame any more and that they are definitely popular.
Here is the close-up of the material you requested Slicedbread.

1.jpg

Another blast from the past. A suit i showed a while ago in its pre-altered state. Now it's been altered to fit me. Blue mid-1930s American DB with alternating red and white double pinstripes. [EDIT:mac playing up, the image will appear at some point.] Lapels straight as an arrer, peaking horizontally. Lovely high button stance perfect for the short chap. The suede shoes here were made in India during WWII for an RAF man.

CambridgeCothing1.jpg

A close-up of the fabric.

36UTColour.jpg

bk

Feraud

Bartender
That is a great suit Baron K-. The horizontal lapels are sharp as heck.

DBFedora said:
The whole outfit looks great and you exude an attitude of style class and ease that is to be admired. You have a remarkable ability to put it all together every time. A terrific look. I especially like the first picture. What a cool photo. Any of the three could easily be an advertisement photo. Enjoy!
Thank you! I appreciate the kind words.
Let me state for the record, I did not originate any of this style but am constantly inspired by our members.

D

DBFedora

Feraud said:
That is a great suit Baron K-. The horizontal lapels are sharp as heck.

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words.
Let me state for the record, I did not originate any of this style but am constantly inspired by our members.

Feraud, being inspired by the style of others is part of what makes the FL all so much fun for me. I really enjoy most of what our members bring to the Lounge and have to offer. The great thing is that we present who we are (our styles , likes, dislikes, etc.) to each other, and thus, hopefully, encourage members to take what works for them and leave the rest. I am finding the desire to take risks that I would not have otherwise taken because I've seen them work on fellow Loungers. Out of it all comes my own distinctive style because it is me wearing the hat, suit, tie, outfit, or whatever. I am so thankful for the Fedora Lounge and the great people who hang their hat in this neck of the woods and call this place home.

Jovan

Suspended
Orgetorix said:
The horizontal peaks are called floor level peaks, I believe, and it's a great style. You look smashing, BK.
There was a catalogue from 1921 that had single breasted suits with peaks like that. It was pretty different, yet pretty cool.

Shanghailander

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Thanks!
Believe it or not, that is an off the rack number from Target. It seemed like it could make a decent summer suit. The price was reasonable enough that if it looked totally horrible I would not feel too bad.

Wait a minute! Off the rack? Am I mistaken or are those peak lapels? What material is it?

Dagwood

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:

Holy Mackeral!! That is a GREAT suit. :eusa_clap The line on the pants are perfect, the jacket and shirt sleeve length are perfect, the lapels are perfect, the fabric is perfect. [Insert Drooling Smiley Face] I'm printing the picture out for my notebook. Next time I go to a tailor, I'm showing him that suit. Well done!!

P.S. Your suit meets all the criteria set forth in this excellent Thread from February 2006 called "How to Wear a Vintage Suit." (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=6762)

ilcatex

New in Town
A new summer suit

Just picked this one up in Chicago... not very vintage, but I love wearing a light suit in summer. This one is a silk and wool blend, three button, creme colored summer suit. Sorry about the lighting... didn't realize it was so bad until after I imported the pic. The hat is a Stacy Adams straw I got from thefedorastore.com.

dscf0368.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy