Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
My grandpa was from the the Shanghai area, actually, so it's quite apt. He fled to Taiwan when his parents arranged a marriage for him to this much older woman. Wife is Chinese is "Lao Puo", which means older lady.
He, my grandmother, my mom, and my uncle moved to N.Y. from Taiwan in the early 70's, where I was born and raised.

Some pictures of the linen slacks I wore tonight to my dad's 50th birthday party. It's still quite warm in Taiwan.
DSC00695.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wonderful look! I think I was just getting into the golden era in high school, so it's nice to see a young gentleman doing the same. You have a very nice look and you take to vintage very well.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Marc you should post pics of the green suit we traded. My camera wouldn't do it justice but you guys are great at posting the true colors.

By the way it was such a pleasure meeting the two of you. Next time we are in the area, if you guys aren't too busy, we'd love to have lunch or dinner with you two.

I've got a ton of pics ready, I'm attempting to load them now. Ties, shoes, shirts, suits, hats... so I'll post em' in your "show us" threads.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
at Mr. Deckard's request

(Photo removed due to the strange coincidence that both Dan and Lauren posted it simultaneously)

This is an early 30's tweed three piece that I picked up at the vintage expo a couple days ago for $125. It's made by Marshall, Field & Co. This suit is a tailor's opus.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Love the suit Daniel! Wish I could find one like it. Any close-up photos of the fabric?

Not to leave you out, Root. Your suit is pretty swell, too.

Brad

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
A closer look

Daniel: Yes, please do. We would love to have a closer peep at the material. Could we see the vest as well? You had said in a cross post that the vest had a hidden pen stitching, could you show that off as well please? I'd have to say you look like something out of the book 'Gentleman's Guide to Grooming & Style' by Bernhard Roetzel. Thank you for sharing.

WR: Could you tell me a bit about your black on black wingtips? Are they all leather or fabric and leather? The part behind the toe cap has a flat finish that looks like material.

Cheers!

Dan

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Good eye Dan. I'll let Root tell you about the shoes but... those are his other pair I lust after. Amazing find especially in a size 12! Unheard of!

I will post pics of the vest stich and thanks for the complements.

Marc posted that it is a "Donegal weave." He saw the suit in person on Saturday.

Regards,

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Love what y'all have found...

I just wish I could find the good stuff you guys come across. Pickin's are a bit slim up here in San Luis Obispo County. I can find a great looking suit, but the size would have fit me about 18 years ago in highschool. Or if I find one in my size, the style is all wrong or just worn out, or it's in good shape and the selle wants an arm & a leg for it. Not too many 48R's to be found on e-bay to my consternation. I guess I'm just not looking hard enough or queing the right search words. I would love to find a vintage suit for our Christmas trip to Disneyland this year. Just trying to be a bit more stylish than the rest of the herd there.

Daniel:Always happy to compliment when a compliment is due. BTW, the 1930's shirt pattern that Lauren found for me on e-bay had arived. I bought several bits of material to make some shirts. Tell her I said thanks, the help was most appreciated. I've been trying to find vintage style stripe shirt material around at several fabric stores around where I live and haven't found much (too much floral foo foo). Do you have any sources for such materials, on-line or otherwise? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy