Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
In order to drum up some business in this section, I decided to show off some wool... show off some of yours too.

Below is one of my blue suits. A chalk stripe three piece.
I will post me wearing it later.

This picture is kind of dark.

suit-vi.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Originally posted by INDY MAGNOLI

Were we talking quality or quantity?

suits.jpg

:eek But seriously... I'll post a pic or two the next time I'm wearing one of these. Today I'm wearing a tweed coat (almost dead center in the picture) and bow-tie, so I think that breaks one of Deckard's rules...

Kind regards,
Indy

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard,

That photo of you sitting on the couch is really cool. It looks like a still from "The Godfather." Even the decor gives it a rich period look.

I just bought a new suit this weekend, my first. It's not vintage but it's the best I could do. It is out for alterations but I'll have it in a week or so.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Clothe and the man

I just bought a new suit this weekend, my first. It's not vintage but it's the best I could do. It is out for alterations but I'll have it in a week or so.

I doesn't need to be vintage to look good. It is all in the cut and the fit.
The one advantage vintage suits have is that they were made to be worn daily and not just for the once in a while special occasions. It was not a "suit", back before the 60's a suit was just plain clothes and people wore it as such.

I hope this suit it is the first of many.
Show us a picture when you get it back.

Minnesota_Jones

Familiar Face
This coming weeking is mine and Kathy's 2nd Wedding Anniversary. Two years ago, we got married on the Como-Harriet streetcar in Mpls. I have some pics of that event on my website. This year we'll hit the streetcar (not literally, that would hurt) again. I'll be in my blue suit with grey lid again and Kathy's gonna be in her vintage dress. We'll try for a lot of pics on the streetcar, I'll even bring the ol' Life Magazine for some shots. Afterwards that nite for dinner we'll hit Buca (awesome Italian food) and we'll change out to Indy Tux and Marion Dress for that. I just better not spill any food on that ivory jacket! Pictures will be coming, I promise!

Kittlemeier

New in Town
I have the new title of the worst photographer in existence. Both are made to order from Samuelsohn. K

Brown suit. Side vents, surgeons cuffs, three button rolled to two, single brested, peak lapels, hacking pockets with ticket pocket, two flap pockets on pants(where'd I get that habit?).

708531suit1.jpg

Tuxedo. Super 120 with grosgrain lapels, side vents, surgeons cuffs, fancy lining, six on four button stance.

708532suit2.jpg

Accessories, Cole Haan formal shoes with grosgrain trim(no bows). Budd Shirtmakers(London section of Style and the Man for those who have it)pique collar, cuffs, and bib with voile body. Giorgio Armani pique tie. Ahh to have no children's expenses again.

[IMG]http://prod.bsis.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/p/Groups/122/122817/folders/90228/708533suit3.jpg

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have a suit where the buttons on the sleeve can acually be undone? Aparently, that's a "sign" of a really good suit.

I am looking forward to my next visit to the tailor. I am going to see if he can do this.

Pyr.

Kittlemeier

New in Town
Both of mine above have that feature. That's what the term surgeon cuff means. It's from when doctor's unbuttoned and rolled up their sleeves during housecalls. If you look closely at the above pics, you can just make out the last button-hole on the sleeves.

Pic in action. You can tell more detail about the shoes. They're patent split toe oxfords with the toe top in grosgrain and also around a one inch grosgrain band around the ankle. K

709523tux3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ