Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Platten said:
I got a new suit too.

3762971.jpg

Heres a bigger image.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/890888/P2100008.JPG

Very nice, Platten. Nice wide legs. I like the single-button peak lapel SB look a lot. The patch pockets look great too. The only thing I might consider is taking in the waist a bit to get more of an hourglass shape.

Platten

New in Town
Doran said:
Very nice, Platten. Nice wide legs. I like the single-button peak lapel SB look a lot. The patch pockets look great too. The only thing I might consider is taking in the waist a bit to get more of an hourglass shape.

The jacket is wih two-butons...

And I know.
Its a bit waisted but not enough.

But the best gimmick is the waistcoat:

Its a double breasted waistcoat with peaked lapels :D

3748321.jpg

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Nice one, indeed. Is that used to be double breasted? just a thought because bottom of the jacket corners (don't know the right word) are sharp vs. round ones in most single breasted that I have seen. All my real vintage singles are rounded and all doubles are sharp.

Making it back to double will make it shapier and I guess that it still should fit you.

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Here is my new one. Should be better after nice ironing and pressing the pants. I'm already waiting the summer to come.

IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

Belt is all loose and I'm not sure will I like it like that. Maybe I should attach it to back so it can't move freely and get wrinkled in a bad way. Color is off white and those hats are silverbelly Campdraft and white paper panama from Italy.

IMG_4727.jpg

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Chrome said:
Nice one, indeed. Is that used to be double breasted? just a thought because bottom of the jacket corners (don't know the right word) are sharp vs. round ones in most single breasted that I have seen. All my real vintage singles are rounded and all doubles are sharp.

Making it back to double will make it shapier and I guess that it still should fit you.

Yeah, the right-angle quarters are usually a sure sign of a converted DB. However, in this case I'm not so sure. The position of the patch pockets seems like it'd be impossible for these fronts to have overlapped enough for a DB button stance.

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Platten said:
50's ? Are you shure?

I always thought that DB-suits had just four butons and one of them to button.
Up until the late fifties lapels were that wide but the shape got boxier. They had db suits then too. A lot of db suits have two non-working buttons at top...there's no rule.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Platten said:
50's ? Are you shure?

I always thought that DB-suits had just four butons and one of them to button.

Has a '49 union tag.

Look through this thread and you'll see a ton of 1930s-1950s DB suits with the 6x2 button setup. It wasn't the exception, it was the rule.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Here's a suit I bought recently, thinking it was older than it was (it's late '60s/early '70s, I'm told), but I had the wide pocket flaps shortened and the back vent closed, and the shape of the jacket tapered a bit. It looks pretty Thirties to all but the most trained eyes, I like to think.

3piece1.jpg
3piece2.jpg
3piece3.jpg
3piece4.jpg
3piece5.jpg

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
skyvue said:
Here's a suit I bought recently, thinking it was older than it was (it's late '60s/early '70s, I'm told), but I had the wide pocket flaps shortened and the back vent closed, and the shape of the jacket tapered a bit. It looks pretty Thirties to all but the most trained eyes, I like to think.

3piece1.jpg
3piece2.jpg
3piece3.jpg
3piece4.jpg
3piece5.jpg

The suit looks good, and good on you, regardless of its precise era.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Chrome said:

If you look close, you can see they are indeed rounded. The thing is, they do not cut away as much as most. so it is interesting style. but pretty obviously meant to be that way. the look seems 50s, but with the vest, this seems to be a very sporty style from the 30s maybe. Marc?

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Here's a suit I got recently. It's nothing fancy -- the label reads "Gentry from Penney's" -- but I get compliments from strangers whenever I wear it.

I'm guessing it's from the fifties or sixties, but I'll await the verdict of the experts.

greystripe4.jpg
greystripe3.jpg
greystripe2.jpg
greystripe1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart