Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Tattoos

pgoat

One Too Many
Darhling said:
This is one of my tattoos, I used to be a graffitti tagger (but only on permitted spaces lol I was a tagger with a concience!!) in my wild child days and I got my tag tattooed. it looks faded, but it is still black, I think the flash makes it look wierd. It says MAMØ which is the two first letters in my first name and two first letters in my last name and it has a light green 'spraypainted' background. I would say it is a tiny bit bigger than 2x3 inches. I got it done at Tiki Lounge Tattoo in Nansensgade in Copenhagen by Uncle Allan.

DSC01834-1.jpg
thats a cool one! Nice!

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
50sclipsmaller.jpg
[/IMG]
A lot of people think this is a portrait of my parents, but it isn't. it's just a mid-century ad illustration. It could use a touch up, but I love it anyway.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Dread Scott said:
My one and only, right now - Louise Brooks on my upper left arm:

Lulutat.jpg

To be joined shortly on my right upper arm by something like this:

safetylast.jpg

NICE!! I have Louise Brooks on my back. I don't show that one, though.

Dread Scott

Familiar Face
Amy Jeanne said:
NICE!! I have Louise Brooks on my back. I don't show that one, though.

Ah, a pity. I'd like to see it - perhaps you could describe it?

Hmm... it appears my other photo is not loading. It's Harold Lloyd hanging from the clock in "Safety Last". I should be getting that very soon. I'll post it.

Maguire

Practically Family
DSCF0883.jpg

you guys convinced me and i ended up getting a tattoo.. :D

Oh yeah and i only realized that hand lotion was in the pic later on.. its been there for like 8 years, but please, go ahead and joke about it =\

ErinKathleen

New in Town
SamMarlowPI said:
i've read that tattoo artists do not care for customers coming in and saying "i want this exactly"...instead they like to get an idea of what the customer wants and then come up with something using their own creativness...is that true? did i make sense? lol

The guy that did mine was pretty cool about it...I'd drawn out part of the body and he designed the wings. He was just saying that it's mainly irritating when someone comes in to get a piece of flash work done that he's already put on 50 other people; A good tattoo artist should ultimately do the piece as close to your request as possible, while only offering suggestions to improve on it unless asked otherwise:]

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
Maguire said:
DSCF0883.jpg

you guys convinced me and i ended up getting a tattoo.. :D

Oh yeah and i only realized that hand lotion was in the pic later on.. its been there for like 8 years, but please, go ahead and joke about it =\
So, this proves it, you're uncilvilised and foolish. Right? your own words.

I'm only joking :D What's changed your mind in such a short space of time?

:edit: Now that i've looked at it.. it's not even real is it?

.. Pop tarts?

Maguire

Practically Family
Its real. I got it in a box of pop tarts. Its a symbolic representation of the goal of the Higher type of man. That is, the toaster represents earth and the materialistic, animalistic desires and wants, while the pop tart with the space helmet is the soul desiring to blast off into Space, which of course, is the celestial, or the higher world of the Divine. Pretty deep huh.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Please, discuss your thoughts of pros and cons of tats on the Tattoos? thread and leave this one for display.

Feraud

Bartender
Maguire said:
Maguire said:
Its real. I got it in a box of pop tarts. Its a symbolic representation of the goal of the Higher type of man. That is, the toaster represents earth and the materialistic, animalistic desires and wants, while the pop tart with the space helmet is the soul desiring to blast off into Space, which of course, is the celestial, or the higher world of the Divine. Pretty deep huh.
For a second you had us fooled you were cool. :rolleyes:

RIOT

Practically Family
Maguire said:

Yes, please leave this thread for the serious skin art, not your half wit jokes.

That said, back to the pop tart box you go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ