Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Thanks. I know it's all kinda cheesy, but I love it. I've got a sentimental streak a mile wide, and it makes me pick up the stuff, I think.

I know what you're saying... Most of that is what I pass over when I go, but seeing it displayed and nicely shot makes me take a second look.

You definitely have a style going!

Tom,
You have some (a lot) of the hokey-est stuff I've seen...

and I mean that in the BEST possible way.

Love it!

G

I'd be willing to wager that much of what is commonly deemed kitsch today will be popping up in your trendier "vintage" shops before long, wearing price tags that would prompt choking responses from the likes of us.

What's that John Huston line in "Chinatown" about politicians, hookers and old buildings?

wahine

Practically Family
Congratulations on your finds, Tom! That ice crusher is cute and the radio wonderful and the phone... well, I guess I like pretty much everything you got there. Enjoy it!

Oh, 4-door hardtops are my favorites! I'm not a big 2-door guy, not very practical.

Not really. It was a four door hardtop and it ran a bit but the back bumper was a rust ornament. :p

Wouldn't that be something?! It bums me out people think it's cheesy. I just call my style 'Mid-Century-Midwesterner' It's not pretentious, but it has a comfortable quality that I enjoy. I'll keep buying now before the price goes up! lol

I'd be willing to wager that much of what is commonly deemed kitsch today will be popping up in your trendier "vintage" shops before long, wearing price tags that would prompt choking responses from the likes of us.

What's that John Huston line in "Chinatown" about politicians, hookers and old buildings?

Thank you so much :)

Congratulations on your finds, Tom! That ice crusher is cute and the radio wonderful and the phone... well, I guess I like pretty much everything you got there. Enjoy it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran