Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Kimberly, Apr 14, 2007.

1. dh66

dh66

Looks like a good day junkin'

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Zombie_61 and BobHufford like this.
  2. We’ve collected Griswold cast iron for over 25 years so I gave my wife quite a bit of grief for walking past this set of Griswold patty molds for only $2.50 (at a local garage sale).

[​IMG]

Also picked up these tobacco bags which I plan to use to put cedar shavings in to store with my fur felt hats (thanks for the tip @Hurricane Jack ). All for $2.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was about to pay 25-cents for these buttons (I was after the tractor ones), but they just gave them to me.

[​IMG]

3. jeep44

jeep44 One of the Regulars

I didn't buy these wall plaques at my local thrift, but they sure are 1950's to me 48080531578_ec3ccde03e_z.jpg 48080599102_b52095fbee_z.jpg

dh66 and BobHufford like this.
  4. Not a thrift or yard sale find but I bought a lot of 25 cotton bags from a vendor in Seattle. These are 3" x 4-1/2" with drawstring & will work just fine in addition to what I already have. With shipping they cost me $0.66 ea.

IMG_4256.jpg

5. From a thrift store in the small town of Hartville, Missouri. Each was $2.00.

Yellowstone pillow cover:

Yellowstone_Pillow_Cover.jpg

Nococa boot box (no boots unfortunately as they would have been my size):

Nocona_Boot_Box.jpg

Cloth bag (14" x 17") from Crank Drug Co. in Springfield (store #3). This predates the 1949 addition of two floors to the Professional Building. The original two storey building was built by my wife's Grandfather! Very excited to find this!

Crank_Drug_Bag.jpg

Crank_Drug_Cherry_Kimbrough.jpg

Crank_Drug_Cherry_Kimbrough_May_14_1949.jpg

6. DanO

DanO One of the Regulars

Mind sharing the Seattle vendor?

7. My wife thrifted this today (in our nearby small town). Appears to be from the opening of the Sun Valley Lodge (Idaho) as the logo shows the pre-1933 Stanley Co. location and the Lodge was built in 1936 (old stock from the restaurant supplier prior to engraving?). We might use it for coffee on the "veranda". :D

Sun_Valley_Stanley_Pitcher_1.jpg

Sun_Valley_Stanley_Pitcher_2.jpg
    Sun_Valley_Stanley_Pitcher_3.jpg

Sun_Valley_Lodge.jpg Sun_Valley_Lodge_2.jpg

8. dh66

dh66

Nothing vintage cool like Bob's coffee pot, but a heck of a bargain. I went to the flea mall over the weekend and nabbed a 7' medium weight ugly-stik rod with a shimano reel for $12. I was pretty stoked just about the rod, because I knew how much those cost, but when I googled the reel I knew I had really found a deal. I probably spent about a tenth of what this rig cost new.[​IMG]

9. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Practically Family

Went to Ashland for the Shakespeare festival and had to take advantage of Oregon’s no sales tax policy. So got a cake carrier that rotates and locks down. Plus a late 20’s Hamilton Beach milkshake mixer.

Mike

Attached Files:

10. dh66

dh66

Nice finds! Especially the cake carrier.

11. Found a horse hair shoe brush a while back. The wood looks to have been knocked around a bit but the bristles are clean & show no shoe polish stains. It's now a hat brush.

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    AbbaDatDeHat, Bamaboots and dh66 like this.
  12. Better served for margaritas on the veranda. Or maybe you prefer a Mint Julep.

BobHufford likes this.
  13. Not a fan of the Mint Julep ... but margaritas? Yes!

14. Maybe a Porch Climber?

15. I do like a citrus beer in the summer, but those just sound dangerous. Are they named that because you end up trying to crawl back on the porch?

Hurricane Jack likes this.
  16. Probably, plus you don't have to hold your little pinky turned out like you do with those foo foo umbrella drinks.

BobHufford likes this.
  17. Bugguy

Bugguy A-List Customer

I've wanted a vintage doctor's bag for a long time. I came across this one in a shop somewhere south of Iowa City. Several weeks running it was still there, so when they had a booth sale I picked it up for $20. Thing is, it has no tears or damage to the bag, However, I'm not sure what to do with the inside.

IMG_3727.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

Vera Godfrey and dh66 like this.