Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Kimberly, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Took a 45-mile (one way) drive today to retrieve a leaded glass window we picked up off Facebook Marketplace (for $30) which is for a future greenhouse build. Stopped at a drive-through farmers market along the way (that was a new one on me). Bought something from about every vendor to keep some aspect of the economy alive. Rendezvoused with the window seller the next town over and also bought these two old patio chairs for the barn porch from her ($20 each).

629605F9-6DEC-47E0-9416-FE3C3714D9DB.jpeg

EB6FF7DF-D9D3-45E7-A42F-4759AF067204.jpeg

RBH, Bugguy, Blare and 3 others like this.
  2. dh66

dh66

Good gets, Bob!

BobHufford likes this.
  3. 1930artdeco

1930artdeco Practically Family

I will soon be painting my patio furniture from the 50's-I hope.

Mike

BobHufford likes this.
  4. The flea-market where we have a booth is not going to re-open, so my wife was off checking out another place to move the "stuff" to. While there she came across these Kachina dolls (the owner was there and said they were gifts from her Grandmother in the early 1960s). She bought them all (and a doll with unusual Hopi style traditional leg wrapping and Kaibobs) for $55 total. She also snagged the table cloth up front for $6.

Kachina_1.jpg

Kachina_2.jpg

Kachina_3.jpg

Similar:

Kachina_4.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    V.C. Brunswick, RBH, Blare and 2 others like this.
  5. dh66

dh66

Sorry to hear about your booth being down, Bob. This whole covid situation has made a pretty large mess of things for a lot of people. Looks like some luck was had at the new place, though. Buying, anyway. Those are some super nice finds!!

Blare and BobHufford like this.
  6. The antique mall where I have a booth will reopen on June 1. But without the yard sales and the library sales finding stuff is going to be hard.

dh66 and Blare like this.
  7. dh66

dh66

Best of luck with that. I hope it's not too long of a dry spell.

V.C. Brunswick and Blare like this.
  8. ^^^^^ We've gone exclusively to hand-made split-white-oak baskets. My wife's Granddad did this years ago and he had a family in Arkansas exchanging finished baskets for fresh cut oak (first ten feet of north-slope white oaks). We went to many a craft show on weekends selling these, but after he passed we stopped. We still have about 600 baskets on hand, so are trying to thin those out. Then we will have to figure out what do to with all our other "stuff" we need to sell.

upload_2020-5-21_14-13-42.png

9. Blare

Blare Call Me a Cab

Very cool. My father in law would appreciate these.

10. Eleven hats and a Mexican leather purse. All in at $120.

78778045-9D6A-4924-889E-A69BC214FB18.jpeg

AbbaDatDeHat, Blare and dh66 like this.
  11. MikeBravo

MikeBravo One Too Many

You have just GOT to show the hats :D

12. Oh, I will when it stops raining so I can get outdoor shots. They are now quarantined in the garage and rotating through the freezer. They'll show up in the Post New Hats Here thread.

MikeBravo likes this.
  13. Blare

Blare Call Me a Cab

Well done

14. Gonna put it on the "old" section of our new barn.

upload_2020-6-1_11-43-7.png

[​IMG]

Bushman, dh66 and Blare like this.
  15. dh66

dh66

Nice addition!

BobHufford likes this.
  16. dh66

dh66

Good day at the flea 20200607_082708.jpg 20200607_082812.jpg 20200607_082919.jpg

Technically....the DVD came from a gas station I stopped at on the way, but I'm counting it as part of the loot. Maybe the best part.

Blare likes this.
  17. Good gets Dale! The jug looks like one my parents had sitting next to the fireplace for decades. Killer tie and I want to borrow that DVD.

I stopped at a small outdoor flea market and a couple of garage sales. The only thing I came home with was a American Hat Co. box (for free -- someone bought the hat, but didn't want the box). I can always use another box that will fit a wide brimmed hat.

Blare likes this.
  18. dh66

dh66

Thanks Bob! I had mostly set out yesterday to just ride up through the mountains of northeast Alabama and enjoy the scenery, but I can't resist a roadside junk stop. Turned out to be a pretty good day

Blare likes this.
  19. Yard sale PBN for $2.00. 1964.

319165B7-6D69-4DD4-B997-169A5211E1EC.jpeg

dh66 and Blare like this.
  20. dh66

dh66

BobHufford likes this.