Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Warbaby said:
Forgot to mention yesterday's thrift shop find - a mid-century tiered serving tray with dark red Catalin trim for $1.99:

TieredStand2cr.jpg

"Call me a fussy old fart, but I would get rid of those "Legs" on that server, they just dont look right, (LOVE the handle! ), then it would be perfect for serving canapés at any cocktail party"

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Not the best, but the price was right, as was the ringer. It's from 1976, and has fairly recent looking tags on the bottom stating it was reconditioned.

18939_264850870908_630485908_3237938_2142246_n.jpg

18939_264850840908_630485908_3237934_3428440_n.jpg

And a nice vintage silk scarf.

P1010956.jpg

P1010955.jpg

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Doran said:
Cloth cord?

Bet your boots!

Miss 1929 said:
what a beauty! I have the same one but not in as good of condition, and it is the toast burner from hell.

Oh, the same one eh? Toast burner from hell is it? lol Maybe the thermostat is out on it... there's that little knob at the bottom that adjusts it from light to dark toast... I know those things do go out once in a while due to heavy use. Yours is probably just toasted out.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
BinkieBaumont said:
"Call me a fussy old fart, but I would get rid of those "Legs" on that server,

Ok, you're a fussy old fart lol

And this is coming from someone who suggested putting a TV screen and DVD player in a 1925 Radiola model 30 !:rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

How is it that some seem to always find something they'd like to change or can't appreciate about something made 50+ years ago? As if they're designers and can do a better job than the original?

Myself, I find it all very pretentious and insulting.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Over-toasted.... burnt out.... you must have known about today's hangover...

I think I know what Binkie means about the feet. It almost looks as if they were added to 30s stock to make it sellable post-war. But if they are original, they should stay!

Warbaby

One Too Many
Warbaby said:
Forgot to mention yesterday's thrift shop find - a mid-century tiered serving tray with dark red Catalin trim for $1.99:

TieredStand2cr.jpg

Today at a different thrift shop in a nearby town I found this matching small tray. It probably originally had some sort of bowl to hold sauce or dip - with luck, it'll prolly turn up at the next thrift shop I visit...

TeaTray1.JPG

Foofoogal

Banned
This inspired me to pick up a vtg. mid century green metal casserole warmer with a yellow lemon or something on top.
Figure with the ice storm they are suggesting coming maybe I can use the little sterno to warm soup at least. lol

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
found this slightly tacky, but cool, retro 60s floor lamp today at a nearby non-profit donation center. It's not quite a thrift store because you can have it if you want it or just leave a small donation. It stands about 5'10"

lampgreen100.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart