Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

Oh, it was rusty.

Been working on cleaning up the sign. Thinking about putting LED's in it (not gutting out the Flourescents and the ballasts, of course.) Just wanna run it on the cheap.

1455026_10152022388669330_1818945837_n.jpg

Rough?! Over there that means rust bucket. :eeek:

That must be some pretty bad champagne. :doh:

Oh, it was rusty.

Been working on cleaning up the sign. Thinking about putting LED's in it (not gutting out the Flourescents and the ballasts, of course.) Just wanna run it on the cheap.

1455026_10152022388669330_1818945837_n.jpg

Geez! Use it the way it was meant to be used. Don't be overly tight man! :doh: For goodness sake they are already cheap enough being fluorescents.

When I turn all of mine on, It is like the sun. :p

I think it's creative and good for resale. I've had a couple people interested in buying it already and I had no intention of selling it haha.

Geez! Use it the way it was meant to be used. Don't be overly tight man! :doh: For goodness sake they are already cheap enough being fluorescents.

When I turn all of mine on, It is like the sun. :p

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
Just a small, somewhat bittersweet item. My buddy's dad passed on a few months ago. While cleaning out the house, we ran across this hat rack:

hat rack.jpg

It's bent brass tubing and turned hardwood ends; very simple. Buddy doesn't wear anything on his kopf but ball caps and motorcycle helmets, so he passed it along to me.

This hangs near our front door now. He visits quite often.

Cheers,

Jack

I don't like it anymore than you do, but I gotta do what the landlord says I gotta do. "Old things are expensive to power and are fire hazards" I hear it all the time.

You know of course that they are neither. lol lol
Modern things have many more functions and whizz bang which equals more power to run. It also means there is more to go wrong and make a bigger fire. :p

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
The gloves, sadly too small(size 8-they fit the wife!) but I had to save these;
2zyjslc.jpg
vxowg9.jpg

The cream ones I think are early mid century c 1940's/50's?

These I think are much earlier, I have never seen this type of brass button on gloves before and the quality of the very supple leather and stitching is outstanding, how I wish they fit me!!!
29yjuom.jpg
igf3f7.jpg

xqe0aw.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy