Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Thrift and/or yard sale finds

MrZootSuit

New in Town
I got this last summer at a yard sale for $15, the guy said it belonged to his grandfather but it doesn't seem like it was ever used! Works fine and all parts are in excellent condition, even the ribbon was good, hardly any used. I think it's a 30's model but not 100% sure on that, love having it on my desk.

bx1.jpg

op1.jpg

spop1.jpg

ob1.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
MrZootSuit said:
I got this last summer at a yard sale for $15, the guy said it belonged to his grandfather but it doesn't seem like it was ever used! Works fine and all parts are in excellent condition, even the ribbon was good, hardly any used. I think it's a 30's model but not 100% sure on that, love having it on my desk.

bx1.jpg

op1.jpg

spop1.jpg

ob1.jpg

That's a beaut! I want an old typewriter but I have no idea what I would do with it or where I would put it.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
PoohBang said:
^^ I bet there aren't that many curling drinking glasses out there...

cool find!
I was thinking the same thing...and then I noticed that Dinerman is from Halifax, one of the greatest curling areas in the world. There are probably quite a few curling drinking glasses in his neighborhood. It's still a very cool find :eusa_clap.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Mahagonny Bill said:
I was thinking the same thing...and then I noticed that Dinerman is from Halifax, one of the greatest curling areas in the world. There are probably quite a few curling drinking glasses in his neighborhood. It's still a very cool find :eusa_clap.

I've found curling glasses before, but never this many at once. It really is a good town for all things curling. Spent this morning watching the Canada v. US mens game with some friends in a great little diner in the north end of the city.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
MrZootSuit said:

op1.jpg

:eusa_clap what a fine example! That Royal is really clean!!! Good job, that's amazing!

GClark

One of the Regulars
Antique store finds from Leesburg VA yesterday

A Royal Stetson Open Road and a no label shearling jacket "Made in Argentina".

ShearlingandHat.jpg

Shealring.jpg

StetsonRD_OR1.jpg

I usually don't like shopping at "antique" stores, but then I have never really found anything nice until yesterday...

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
GClark said:
I usually don't like shopping at "antique" stores, but then I have never really found anything nice until yesterday...

GC, those are GREAT scores!! I too shy away from "Antique" stores generally but I did find some nice vintage fedoras at one last year so it does pay to check sometimes. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy